Buying a new Rig

tbaker397

Hey all, I know how everyone has an opinion on computer stuff so I figured I would ask. Maybe within 2 months I am looking to replace my current computer with a brand new one. I just recieved the one I have now back in November, but it would be just as expensive to update all the stuff in it now since I would have to replace everyone except the harddrive and case. Here is what I was thinking:

Trinity ATX Mid-Tower Case

Neon Green Light

535W Watt Power Supply

AMD Athlon-64 X2 3800+

CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit

Asus A8N-SLI Motherboard

1 Gig of Corsair XMS PRO With the little LED Lights.... hehe

(2) 160GB HDD's, One a Seagate, one a Western Digital

GeForce 6600 SLI Ready Video Card

Pioneer DVR 110 DVD Burner

Audigy 2 Sound Card

Total Cost: $1,063. Through ibuypower.com. I already tried all parts seperately from TigerDirect, not cheaper.

Already have a monitor and stuff, the one HDD is out of my current computer as is the sound card. If anyone has any suggestions, please gimme a reply.

Lite-On/plextor make the best dvd drives i have personal experience with lite-on working flawlessly for years, but i also have read tons of reviews on plextor and it's rated very highly also

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106967

my friend bought that one, i installed it for him it's worked perfectly and look at the price? can you beat that i think not  :D

also check the reviews people posted, everyones happy

Total Cost: $1,063. Through ibuypower.com. I already tried all parts seperately from TigerDirect, not cheaper.

If anyone has any suggestions, please gimme a reply.

I ordered my case, motherboard, water cooling kit, and power supply from ibuypower.

They were called GameVE.com just back in March. I didn't have any problems with them at all, and the prices were cheaper for me there as well. :)

I definitely recommend them. :)

I wouldn't get that ram, it's over-rated and it doesn't perform well.  The Geil Ultra-X would actually be the best performing ram, however, it's expensive on that site.  I would suggest getting it from a 3rd-party site such as www.newegg.com.  If, for some reason, you think Corsair is the only way to go for memory,  I would suggest this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145523

However, if you're interested in saving money and getting the EXACT same memory chips, get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220033

All of the memories mentioned above have TCCD chips which are notorious for overlocking fomr the default speed of DDR400 to DDR600.  I would highly suggest getting on of those memories.