Any Idea how to make wireless router work properly with bittorrent.

meionm

So, so far I had two wireless g routers, one from linksys wrt54gx v1 and belkin f5d7231-4. I set up port forwarding on these routers so I don't have problems connecting. The problem starts when bittorent strarts downloading stuff, the web browser can't connected to sites or becomes really slow. Even after download is done there is still slowiness and lack of connectivity in web browser. The only way I was able to fix that problem was by rebooting. I know it has to do something to do with these routers. I have wired router and that one doesn't have any problems like that.  Currently I have belkin model and I don't really know what to do with it. 

hmm.. updated firmware right?  The speed drop would be due to the download.. but not being able to surf the internet afterwards doesnt make sense.. what bit torrent client are you using?

the frimware was updated to the newest one. I used bittornado and azures for downloading, same thing happens using either one of them. At first I thought It was happening to the computer that I was downloading it on but apparently it was either slowing or killing interenet on the network. I know the speed would be decreased with bittorent but still it should load interent pages in web browser. As I recall when bittorrent was downloading over 200kB/s it was instant death to web browser all most none of the web pages would load. I have wired router and thing is great, I can go 500kB/s combine or single and still browser internet at decent speeds.

I would guess that it has something to do with the router or its current firmware.. I visited some other sites about a Lynksis problem similar to this where the internet connection died randomly, but this is the only probable solution to this problem.. I don't think that this problem is caused from the number of peers connected or trying to connect to you, since you have a broadband connection (and one with good speeds too :))

I experience the same type of problem on my brother's computer when i was configuring azures..  The way that I fixed it was to open 6881-6999 tcp/udp on the router and then on his firewall the same thing.. then everything started working fine..

The internet browsers were unable to do anything when i had that program open until i did what I listed above.. Wierd.. never seen that problem..

So, so far I had two wireless g routers, one from linksys wrt54gx v1 and belkin f5d7231-4. I set up port forwarding on these routers so I don't have problems connecting. The problem starts when bittorent strarts downloading stuff, the web browser can't connected to sites or becomes really slow. Even after download is done there is still slowiness and lack of connectivity in web browser. The only way I was able to fix that problem was by rebooting. I know it has to do something to do with these routers. I have wired router and that one doesn't have any problems like that.  Currently I have belkin model and I don't really know what to do with it. 

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-890.0 everything you need to know.  :D Oh and the reason you have difficutly connecting to sites and browsing while downloading is that you have not throttled back your upload speed. Only allow them to dl at about 80% of your cap. That will fix that problem, dont leave it on automatic or unlimited just throttle the ul speed down to 80% of cap. :haha: