ahhh.....I hate comcast!!!!

I just hate comcast  :angry5:

I lived in MD area, and I saw that MD area got all upgrades.....

Past couple weeks, my internet speed goes slower....and s...l..o...w....e...r

I am only getting average of 1.2 Mbps.  :whaa:

So I called comcast, saying what's up with my connection....

They talk trash couple minutes....did you unplug ur modem, restart ur computer, unplug cable from the wall.... :whaa:

what do they thinking.....I am comp. sci. major for godsake. LOL

Then....he checked and said....yes your connection seems slow.....huh seems slow?? dude look at my speed, I should get 6 Mbps, and I am not even getting 4Mbps....

He said....he will send someone over....next tuesday....huh? I have to wait that long??? talk about service. I know monday is labor day and all that but Tuesday? I heard they even come in sundays....

oh...I remember....last time someone came over,.....he checked my computer....opened up dos prompt...type ping...trace...LOL

oh....your connections seems fine.....then I showed him the testmy.net speed connection history....then he says....oh...one of the server went down....and that' might causing it....huh?? then he left....what was point of him coming here for?? he just wasted my time being there.

Just hope this things goes well on next tuesday  :haha:

Thanks for the reply,

I been renting all these years....I do have same model in stock, but I didn't bother to call.... :roll:

This modem I had for almost 5 years now....Motorola SB3100

I believe it's the modem causing this slow down, and not getting the upgrades....

Right now, my connection got little better, averaging downstream about 2-3 Mbps....not getting any close to 6 Mbps.

The problem is on their side.  In all of MD their routers are screwed up.  They're developing a patch, but its taking forever.  They recently patched the white marsh, and owings mills area routers and things are fine there now.  So the rest of us should be fixed in the next couple weeks... or so they say.  but we all know how HORRIBLE comcast's customer service/maintenance is.

The comcast Tech was here, but I wasn't at home, but my father were....

they say modem is not a problem.....and they told everything was in order....

So I came home, and test the speed on testmy.net

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 3081 Kbps about 3.1 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 376 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Tue Sep 6 14:05:20 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 55X faster than 56K 1MB download in 2.72 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 72.67 % of your hosts average (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-R8TC2SNUG

ummm.....what did he meant by everything was in order???

Great....by the way, I am in white marsh area...

will call them again....how do i make them to change my modem??

or what modem should I buy??

Have you done a tracert?  Goto Start => Programs => Accessories => Command Prompt

A little black window will come up.  Type in 'tracert www.comcast.net'  withtout the '  Then copy and paste the result in here.

People in the know: If his first hop is through the white marsh, or owings mills routers, he should be fine since those routers have been patched(which means he needs to goto this link http://forums.comcast.net/thread.jspa?threadID=44953&tstart=0 and let them know that there is still a prob out there).  If his first hop is any other router, then he just needs to wait for that router to be patched, comcast will let us know in that thread when it is fixed.