Very slow connection =[

lilwill

Well my laptop over ethernet gets around 16/3  and my wireless desktop gets around 13/5 every time.  :?:

One more thing. Try hooking back up to the wired Verizon supplied Dlink router and try the speed tests with your wired computer. If you get the correct speeds, then Verizon is supplying you with the correct service. If not, you may want to call Verizon to see if there is a problem on their end.

Harvey

I called Verizon and they're kind of confused about what is going on.  However at the end they said something was wrong with my provision and they had to fix it and call me back.  So far they haven't called back.

I had 15/2. My internet was out on Wednesday, it was something wrong with Verizon in the area.  They fixed it, but my download didn't go back to 15 it went around 11-13. Now with the new $55 a month 30/5 plan I switched to 30/5.  My connection never switched to 30/5 though, so I called Verizon they talked with me for awhile, connected to my computer, made sure I wasn't an idiot with a computer full of Spyware and said there was something wrong with my provising.  Their computers said I had gotten 30/5 but I hadn't actually been upgraded or something.  So they said they would call me back.  I get a good upload speed but my download speed is still around 11-13.

I originally posted on 15/2 after I switched to 30/5.

I called Verizon and they're kind of confused about what is going on.  However at the end they said something was wrong with my provision and they had to fix it and call me back.  So far they haven't called back.

I had 15/2. My internet was out on Wednesday, it was something wrong with Verizon in the area.  They fixed it, but my download didn't go back to 15 it went around 11-13. Now with the new $55 a month 30/5 plan I switched to 30/5.  My connection never switched to 30/5 though, so I called Verizon they talked with me for awhile, connected to my computer, made sure I wasn't an idiot with a computer full of Spyware and said there was something wrong with my provising.  Their computers said I had gotten 30/5 but I hadn't actually been upgraded or something.  So they said they would call me back.  I get a good upload speed but my download speed is still around 11-13.

I originally posted on 15/2 after I switched to 30/5.

I assume that when they walked you thru the checkout you were using their router on a wired computer. It still seems possible that this is a problem on their end for either the 15/2 or 30/5 service. Please keep us posted on this and if there is a resolution.

Thanks,

Harvey

Ok, so today I plugged my laptop in over ethernet and got full speed actually over 30mbps.  Then I tested my desktop and got the same 11-13mbps.  So I took my PCI ethernet card stuck it in my computer and took out my Belkin Pre-N card.  Did a speed test, and still the same thing.

click START to re-test

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 4.81Mb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 11.41Mb/s

The slowest link in the end-to-end path is a 10 Mbps Ethernet subnet

Information: Other network traffic is congesting the link

click START to re-test

Both computers are basically set up the same, except for this one having XP Pro and the laptop having XP Home.  Any ideas?

Well last night over ethernet around 11 pm, I all of the sudden was getting 30 down.  I don't know what changed.........

Could you recap where the situation stands now? Specifically:

1. Are you using the Belkin pre-n router?

2. Are you getting 30/5 service when wired to the Belkin pre-n router?

3. What speeds are you getting wirelessly from the Belkin pre-n router and Belkin pre-n pc card?

Harvey

Yes

I wasn't before, I am now.

3. What speeds are you getting wirelessly from the Belkin pre-n router and Belkin pre-n pc card?

I don't really know yet.  I was only getting between 11 and 15mbps wired and wireless.  Then I plugged my Laptop into the router over ethernet and got 30mbps in a speed test.  I then tested wirelessly on my desktop and got 11 still.  So I took out the wireless card and put my ethernet card back in. I still got under 15mbps.  Then all of the sudden I got 30mbps.  So I haven't tested wireless ever since this computer suddenly started to get 30mbps.

Yes

I wasn't before, I am now.

I don't really know yet.  I was only getting between 11 and 15Mbps wired and wireless.  Then I plugged my Laptop into the router over ethernet and got 30Mbps in a speed test.  I then tested wirelessly on my desktop and got 11 still.  So I took out the wireless card and put my ethernet card back in. I still got under 15Mbps.  Then all of the sudden I got 30Mbps.  So I haven't tested wireless ever since this computer suddenly started to get 30Mbps.

O.K, when you get the chance, try the wireless test again. If you suddenly are getting around 30mb/s, then I would think that Verizon may have corrected a problem on their end.

Harvey

O.K, when you get the chance, try the wireless test again. If you suddenly are getting around 30mb/s, then I would think that Verizon may have corrected a problem on their end.

Harvey

or that XP had to disable the wireless and look to the local area connection, where the speeds are higher.

Is that 802.11b or g wireless router and adapter?

It is Pre-N which is basically G with MIMO. Or at least I think that's all that's different.

I'm going to test wireless, but probably not till this weekend, I'm kind of sick of opening up my computer case right now since I've been adding/changing things a lot inside it.