who asked for windows that runs from a CD?

Guest kamil234

Guest kamil234

if you still need help, i found out how to do it..

i'd have to spend like a whole day translation this whole 4 page article from polish to english..altho i know both well...eh, i can scan it to you but i dont think it'll do any good..i'll try to type some steps to make it as simple as possible

1. get BartPE (bart preinstalled environment) and install it blah blah, the easy stuff

2. get your windows XP CD and copy all its context to your hard drive ex..C:/downloads/win XP (what ever you want.)

3. open up PE builder (from bartPE) and in the window where it says source, type in the directory you copied your windows XP to

4. click check on Create ISO Image and give it some name

5. Click BUILD

6. Accept the warnings etc.

7. When it's done building the files, click Close and Exit

8. With any program you want burn a CD/DVD (which ever you want) burn the ISO file with it, now you have successfully made a bootable windows XP disk.

Now, internet configurations, so you can use internet while booting windows XP from your handy CD

1. After you restart your computer you'll be asked if you want to use internet/network

2. Press yes and than type in all the values you need ex IP address etc.

3. Press OK

4. Wait til your computer finds the network adapters, from all the ones it detected, choose the one you accually use and press Apply.

5. WHen you're done with this, you'll see a screen of ready to use system, for now you have a large, empty desktop and a huge Go button, it has the same role of "START" button.'

k, feedback is appreaciated, it wasnt that hard translation it after all, i hope it makes sence lol

post any questions or comments that you have, thanks

Guest kamil234

Well Windows CDs are already bootable, so I guess you mean you can make Windows run completely from the CD / DVD without installation. That would be cool but I'm not sure it will work.  :)

yes, thats what i mean, windows Xp to run from a cd

anybody has a SHITTY computer and its not using it, bring it back to live and try this out ;) it cant hurt if you dont need it anyways lol

so swimmer the quest for a live bootable vista cd is still out there

yes yes it is.. it is either toward the end of this fourm... or in the archive..  but yeah the quest is still there.. i dont know if we will be able to do it until the retail version hits the shelf.. i dont know enough about how BartPE works and the file system that Vista uses..

if you still need help, i found out how to do it..

i'd have to spend like a whole day translation this whole 4 page article from polish to english..altho i know both well...eh, i can scan it to you but i dont think it'll do any good..i'll try to type some steps to make it as simple as possible

k, feedback is appreaciated, it wasnt that hard translation it after all, i hope it makes sence lol

post any questions or comments that you have, thanks

Great info Kamil234. Although I'm not interested in running any os off of a cd, that is still great stuff.

Someone can now take this info and put it to good use.

Nice job man. :)

Guest kamil234

Great info Kamil234. Although I'm not interested in running any os off of a cd, that is still great stuff.

Someone can now take this info and put it to good use.

Nice job man. :)

thanks organ_shifter :)