God Bless America...........

monsnet2k8

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree that most of the people impacted had no business being there in the first place. and the mayor of new orleans instead of bitching about lack of response afterwards should have taken the 72 hours plus he had to figure out that a cat 5 was heading his way and the levees were rated for cat 3 to get everyone out.

i agree that most of the people impacted had no business being there in the first place. and the mayor of new orleans instead of bitching about lack of response afterwards should have taken the 72 hours plus he had to figure out that a cat 5 was heading his way and the levees were rated for cat 3 to get everyone out.

I agree with you.  But!!  BTW N.O. isn't the only place hit by Katrina.

Government response Sucks.

FEMA response Sucks also.  That Brown dude is a good ole boy political

appointee who couldn't manage a pile of sh!!!t.  IMHO.

If it were not for the good citizens of this country, things would be worse.

I agree with you.  But!!  BTW N.O. isn't the only place hit by Katrina.

Government response Sucks.

FEMA response Sucks also.  That Brown dude is a good ole boy political

appointee who couldn't manage a pile of sh!!!t.  IMHO.

If it were not for the good citizens of this country, things would be worse.

thats for sure man. thier was just a telethon raising money in my city (pittsburgh pa) they raised like 321,000 dollars for katrina in 1 hour. now thats good.

I just wanted to say it is the American people that have stepped in & are taking care of things.The government response has still been inadequate to say the least.This is not the case with the people in communities that are taking in victims each helping the ones sent to them get back on their feet.Volunteers going to the area to help.Some meeting red tape before being allowed to .

I been waching the news and no wonder why terrorists envy America united..... the compassion of the people in this country makes America the greatest country in the world......... i can't say enough as i watch and keep watching what its citizens are doing to help those in need' God Bless America and God Bless

It is mostly propaganda.  You are right.  See how they make Iran out to be this crazy nuclear freak country who is a "THREAT" to the world, but then again Iran has never threatened the US or any other country, nor has Iran ever attacked any of the western countries.  They don't tell you about the Saudi's that our government supports.  15 of the 19 highjackers were from Saudia Arabia, Osama Bin Laden is from Saudia Arabia and so are most of the Terrorists.  But our government goes and picks on Iran.  They go have shows on Discovery Channel about how Iran is a threat and they need to be stopped.  This war was never on terror and it will never been on terror.  For 30 years Saddam Hussein, who Donald Rumsfeld had breakfast with, Killed and tortured thousands of people.  NOW WE decide Saddam is a BAD Man.  It took 30 years for the Bushes to figure that out.  I spent 2 years in Iraq with  DOD and guess what.  We were out there making sure that the Oil companies were safe and were not attacked by "terrorists" so that the fat rich fucks can get richer.  Its a shame that our brothers and sons have to go through this kind of thing.  I was With a lot of soldiers who were confused about why they were fighting the war.  Don't listen to what you see on TV.  I did the saaaaameee mistake until i went to Iraq and found out for myself what this war on "Terrorism" is all about.

Well enough of this talk.  :D :D :D Lets talk about something else.

there ain't no propaganda in cultural athro class

not when the prof. is a liberal hippie

....well at least there aint no conservative propaganda

truth is fundamentalist islamic groups do believe all nonbelievers to be evil

especially america because their culture values community unity

while america values independence and freedom

the two values dont always mix

I won't go into this as I have posted it before. I would like to see the USA adopt a protectionist policy.I think minding our own business would make us less hated by the middle east & Islam.It is right they are not attacking Canada or Mexico or a lot of other Christian countries.

FallowEarth: I should know this but i don't you probably do.Does Canada have troops in Iraq?This is not to say they should because I don't think the USA should.

vemzetti8 : I'm not sure you have the numbers on the terrorists exactly correct.I didn't go find them but I thought Saudi Arabia & Egypt were about even on the amount.Most of the terrorists from those 2 countries.

I take a different stance on Iran.When they took the US embassy that was an act of war & should have been treated like it was.I know supposedly the terrorists acted on their own without Iran's government support.I think thats some real propaganda.I think we should have nuked Iran back then .The 52 American hostages would have been declared soldiers & be the only Americans that would have died in Iran.I guess there might have been some workers but I think we got all of them out.

I almost always get no don't use nukes.Well don't worry the US government isn't going to.And they won't be letting me give the order to.So its just my opinion.To any opposed my question is:Why build nuclear bombs if we aren't going to use them? They are only a deterrent if our enemies fear we will use them & obviously they don't.Nuclear bombs have only been used in war to bomb the 2 Japanese cities then never again.

I have a valid position on this since I live near Pantex the main Nuclear Weapons assembly & disassembly plant in the USA.They also store the waste from the disassembled ones there.If the citizens in my area are to be exposed to this then there should be a reason.If they are just a threat we could just say we are building them but not have any real ones .That way there would be no danger to people in my area.Because lets face it if it was exposing me & others they wouldn't tell us.

Cholla:  I think that the purpose of Canada's being in Afghanistan is not to be involved in any combat situations, but rather to train the local authorities (last I heard anyway).  It is a peacekeeping mission, which is all our military advertises to be involved.  No invasions, no military action, etc.  So whether or not that is furthering any terrorist activity, I don't know.  A government needs to protect its people and it needs a policing authority in order to do so, and sometimes will need some help to get situated.  Canada will not stay, we're only helping the country get on its feet.

the problem goes deeper than that. it's not just other countries trying to gain an influence on the middle east. it's a cultural thing. radical islamists believe that playboy and other pr0n is a bad thing. fine. there's religious fanatics in the US and elsewhere that are on the same track. the main difference is that in the middle east the religious leaders use this to further their own power over the people by telling them pr0n is evil, the US has pr0n so the US is evil. They are skillful enough to brainwash their congregations into believing that slipping into a semtex bodysuit and making a shallow crater somewhere is a way to redeem themselves before god etc. if this sounds like the crusades held in the middle ages, well, you're not far off the mark. timewise this is the middle ages for islam. the only difference is that the knights of the round table didn't have WMD's to lob at each other. as long as western culture is exportet to the middle east and elsewhere where it's not appreciated, and you have to admit that american culture from cartoons to coca cola to sex drugs and rock 'n roll can be pretty overpowering, there will be people saying they don't like that. the problem is that with a lack of education that is present in some of the communities there the imams and other religious fanatics can pretty much control the facts. see this for an example:

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/903/

cholla: sorry about what is said before

i was drunk and pissed off

everyone: i keep hearing that america should just leave

the world alone or become isolationist

if anyone here remembers their history then they would know

that isolationism ALWAYS HURTS the country

example: japan was left behind in power and tech, it took them a world war, imperialism, their ass getting handed to them, and about 150 years to catch up

example: during the beginning of WW2 america would not join the fight, results were that germany took over most  of mainland europe, and it took us more LIVES and time to beat germany back not to mention the other thousands of lives lost in other countries while we refused to help them

isolationism=idiocy

theGODl337 : Ok I accept the apology.No bad feelings.

I call it protectionism but this only varies a little from isolationism.I don't beleive it would have hurt us unless you are saying the USA would not have advanced technologically if we had adopted an isolationist policy say after WW2.Since most of the science & ideas for advancing technology have came from the USA I think its the rest of the world that would have been left behind.I think we would have worked harder to devolope alternative energy sources instead of becoming dependent on foreign oil.

On the USA entering WW2 since thats what we did its hard to say what our outcome would have been if we hadn't.Europes outcome would have been different.I still think the government knew Japan was coming to attack .I don't think they knew the loss of life would be as high as it was in Pearl Harbor but knew this would get us into the war.Maybe we should have just declared war on Japan & concentrated all our effort there.But since thats not the way it was it doesn't mean Isolationism wouldn't be the best policy now.If we had adopted it before 1990 the WTC would probably still be standing.