hello peoples

evildevil

I was able to find a file to disable the 2 download limit per site

Ohhhh dizaammmmm, wanna slip it over to the peepster? Do you use download accelerator with that so you can connect 7 times for the same file?

I have enabled the EMAIL button on my profile. If you want the File to disable the 2 download limit, I will email it to you. The file works with WIN XP home and PRO versions. It is a REGISTRY entry that disables the 2 download limit. It is stable and runs great on my computer. I have WIN XP PRO SP 2.

P4 3.0 Ghz HT

1.5GB RAM

160GB HD

6800 Ultra

It is a limit from within IE. Getright and DAP aren't affected by this. The registry entries can be found here: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/2022

Here it is used to allow staellite connections to send multiple concurrent requests for things on a page. This speeds up page loads on such a high latency connection. This also allows downloaders to use more than 2 downloads in IE.

The specific entries are:

WinXP and Win2k: All DWORD Values

HKEY_USERSDEFAULTSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings

MaxConnectionsPerServer

MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings

MaxConnectionsPerServer

WINME / 98: All DWORD Values

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings

MaxConnectionsPerServer

"Name them exactly as shown. Once they are there, double click on each and insert the value 15 (HEX)."

or you can download cablenut program

http://www.dslnuts.com/software.shtml

win2kaf.gif

quote from www.dslnuts.com xp definitions

"33. MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server & MaxConnectionsPerServer - HTTP specification requires that no one computer can have more than 2 simultaneous connections to any single HTTP server. This will affect all Windows application that uses the standard API, including Internet Explorer. People who keep multiple files on an online hard drive hate this restriction, because they can only download two or four files at a time. Windows developers choose to limit the maximum connections to a HTTP 1.0 server to four. In the HTTP 1.1 specification the number of connections was mandated to 2.

Value Type: REG_DWORD

Default: 4, 2"

I use MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server 20 and MaxConnectionsPerServer 10

works good for me, but test whats best for you

VanBuren :)

Hmmm, screw it all its too much work! I'll just stick with my ****** download that seems to slow everyday. I should really do a system restore to get rid of this shitttehhhhhhh SPYWARE!!!!!!!

by the time you restore you computer and then start to download the numerous patches need for windows you will be infected again.. So unless you have a copy of sp2 on hand.. that will not help... The average infection time is 21 min.. the time it take to install the oldest patches on Windows XP.. But if you are on like a university network that is reduced to like 10 or so...

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! About that restore I was ganna do..... I went to restore, started a restore for September 1st, and then one moment i see its 1/2 way done and then the next moment i look windows is already starting up. So i wait and then before its totally started up it tells me it couldn't restore to that date. So i try date after date after date and none of them will work. I think i have a virus making it so it cant restore or something! Or my computer is an HP so it just sucks goat testicles.

For all the others that don't want to change the Helix thingy's in their Registry, I have the simple file available to disable the 2 download limit. Just click on the EMAIL button for my profile. MICROWAVE has already the files via email.

If you are a HELIX kinda of guy, then disregard this Post. :lol::lol:

For all the others that don't want to change the Helix thingy's in their Registry, I have the simple file available to disable the 2 download limit. Just click on the EMAIL button for my profile. MICROWAVE has already the files via email.

If you are a HELIX kinda of guy, then disregard this Post. :lol::lol:

:) I already had my values set at 10 and 20 , when I looked at the file you sent it changes it to 8 and 16.....this is also a tweak from TCP Optimizer and they will set the value at 10 and 20, I am going to try yours, but it is a tweak I have adjusted in the past and I seem to work best at 10 and 20, but thank you very much for the file and I believe it is a tweak that is helpful :)

8) Microwave