called bout upgrade but.......

amc11890

here it is tueday night  and i still dont have upgrade.....i called on Thursday bout the upgrade from 1.5/384 verizon dsl to 3/768......they said i qualified for the upgrade but it is sure takin a long time.....i have power cycled my modem many times.....but my speeds are still the same....is this normal or should i call bout the upgrade again....

BTW here is a speed test..

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1100 Kbps about 1.1 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 134 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Tue Sep 06 2005 20:52:55 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 20X faster than 56K 1MB download in 7.64 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 25.45 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZEGN7OTH3

The upgrade could come in the next days, as it takes some time for it to go in effect on the ISP's servers and stuff.. But its better to call and check than to be in the blind and don't know whether the net is slow or it is not upgraded yet.. Cable upgrades kick in immediately (my internet got upgraded 1-2 mins after i called the ISP) :)

most dsl isp's can make the upgrade start instantly, because they can control there dslam. same with cable. But there are still some that wait a few hours or even days to make the effect. But for you its been a long time, that upgrade should have already taken effect. what kinda modem do you have?

well when i first called bout the upgrade on thursday .......i called billing...so far i dint call since then....i also emailed bout the upgrade but they said i couldnt get the upgrade but on the phone they said i could......

Verizon Dont Know Wtf There Talkin About Just Like DirecWay  :haha: :haha:

It was probably one of those trainees on the phone who were still not up to date with the company's policy on upgrades and stuff and probably entered a wrong address or something and told you that you qualify.. Maybe billing said you qualify cuz of your account funds and stuff, not because of your address and hardware configuration.. My ISP never did that.. :)

here it is tueday night  and i still dont have upgrade.....i called on Thursday bout the upgrade from 1.5/384 verizon dsl to 3/768......they said i qualified for the upgrade but it is sure takin a long time.....i have power cycled my modem many times.....but my speeds are still the same....is this normal or should i call bout the upgrade again....

BTW here is a speed test..

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1100 Kbps about 1.1 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 134 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Tue Sep 06 2005 20:52:55 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 20X faster than 56K 1MB download in 7.64 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 25.45 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZEGN7OTH3

You called about the upgrade and they said you qualify. This may be a stupid question, but did you actually upgrade your account or just ask about it?

of course i upgraded my account....i told her my street adress and all the neccessary info and she said my upggrade will go into affect in 36-72 hrs......

I don't know how the company could say you can upgrade, she can upgrade your net without mentioning the incompatability of the higher net speeds with your hardware (modem) or with the equipment they have in your area and then someone else from the company saying that you cannot have that upgrade.. Either their company database software is messed up or they work with different ones :D