Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PaveRogue

Help with Mediacom "HighSpeed"

Recommended Posts

Just moved to Florida, and just got Mediacom Highspeed.  I was extremely happy with the Comcast service I had in Albuquerque, and wrongly assumed Mediacom would be the same (I was running almost 3Mbps in ABQ).  Now look what I am stuck with

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 975 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 748 kB)

Download Speed is:: 119 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Tue Sep 06 2005 19:38:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 17X faster than 56K 1MB download in 8.61 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 29.16 % of your hosts average (mchsi.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-Q21TWAFGZ

What gives.  I haven't changed a single thing (except I ran CableNut).  Now I keep getting kicked from BF2 when I never got kicked before.  All my online gaming has seemed to slow to a crawl.  Sometimes even Firefox won't connect to the web.

I am running Windows XP with SP2, and a Linksys BEFCMU10 Cable Modem.  The only change (other than the service provider) has been switching cable modems (I had a Motorolla Surfboard) and I no longer sit behind a router.

I am really disappointed right now, and wonder if I am stuck with these speeds.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey PaveRogue and welcome to the forum :)

you probl has alot of packetloss

try this

start-run-cmd

ping -n 30 testmy.net

also restore your setting to default

open cablenut, click delete cablenut tweaks and click save to registry and reboot

VanBuren :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just moved to Florida, and just got Mediacom Highspeed.  I was extremely happy with the Comcast service I had in Albuquerque, and wrongly assumed Mediacom would be the same (I was running almost 3Mbps in ABQ).  Now look what I am stuck with

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 975 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 748 kB)

Download Speed is:: 119 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Tue Sep 06 2005 19:38:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 17X faster than 56K 1MB download in 8.61 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 29.16 % of your hosts average (mchsi.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-Q21TWAFGZ

What gives.  I haven't changed a single thing (except I ran CableNut).  Now I keep getting kicked from BF2 when I never got kicked before.  All my online gaming has seemed to slow to a crawl.  Sometimes even Firefox won't connect to the web.

I am running Windows XP with SP2, and a Linksys BEFCMU10 Cable Modem.  The only change (other than the service provider) has been switching cable modems (I had a Motorolla Surfboard) and I no longer sit behind a router.

I am really disappointed right now, and wonder if I am stuck with these speeds.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

well that could change everything.. since thats what its designed to do (cablenut)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aha!  It was a Zone Alarm issue.  I had to drop the program control to low (after I undid the CableNut tweaks).

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 4586 Kbps about 4.6 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 560 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Wed Sep 07 2005 22:34:46 GMT-0600 (Mountain Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 82X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.83 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 37.76 % faster than the average for host (mchsi.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-64RU3B7XN

Off to frag - catch up with you guys later!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...