Verizon FIOS rate reductions - 30/5 speeds for $55

KingCobra

where in new york do you live??

I wonder if they have it here...i'd ditch opt online and get FioS instead :)

In Astoria,Queens,NY

This new deal is supposed to be taking effect in areas where Optonline is.So they said Long island will get this deal first..then spread everywhere else :)

Guest kamil234

Woot, hopefully they'll have it in north bab..i still dont like how that verizon guy hangs out in front of my house like everyday tryin to catch some time to get paid more, lol he just sits in his van on his fat ass and talks on his cell

Woot, hopefully they'll have it in north bab..i still dont like how that verizon guy hangs out in front of my house like everyday tryin to catch some time to get paid more, lol he just sits in his van on his fat ass and talks on his cell

Yea Ive seen alot of techs do that :haha: :haha:

Especially when you have an appointment and they wait outside your house for an hour and then come in :haha:

i swear, verizon dsl people are helping to pay for fios. As old as dsl is they wouldnt dare reduce the price. FIOS is still a new thing that requires a professional installation (i think) and a lot of testing and maintenance but they r the ones who r getting the price reduction.

Guest kamil234

i was on the way back from the cellphone place and about a mile..maybe 1/2 a mile away frommy house i seen a truck that said "fiber optic internet" on it..i know they been workin on it for the past 6 months or so but i never knew what they were working on..now i do, lol

is this one of those deals like, "$55 bucks for you first xx months?" then after that period the price goes to $179.95 - $199.95 as advertised on the verizon fios website?  Or is this a permanent plan for NYC verizon fios customers?  And why is there no fios in Manhattan!?!?! The busiest city in the world where all the money is!!! bahh lol.  Anyways, my first question is the only one that really needs answering lol.  Any help much appreciated.

its available for me...bellerose, queens, NY...but i can get optimum though...i prolly wont get this since u have to have verizon's phone to have it...i have earthlink cable and vonage, i could ditch them whenver i want cause it hasnt been a month but i dont know...

Where did you hear that?  FIOS doesn't require a phone. 

^yea, i was wrong, my bad...anyway, its not available for me neither is optimum...but i called verizon and they said its coming to bellerose by the end of they year and they've already started to work on it...yes, $55 for 30/5...im gonna get it at the end of the year or whenever it comes out here...i dont care, im gonna ditch earthlink and time warner, but im gonna keep Vonage to use with FIOS, the internet of today and the future, i love u, Verizon, best deals in DSL and FIOS, beats cable...

^yea, i was wrong, my bad...anyway, its not available for me neither is optimum...but i called verizon and they said its coming to bellerose by the end of they year and they've already started to work on it...yes, $55 for 30/5...im gonna get it at the end of the year or whenever it comes out here...i dont care, im gonna ditch earthlink and time warner, but im gonna keep Vonage to use with FIOS, the internet of today and the future, i love u, Verizon, best deals in DSL and FIOS, beats cable...

No prob.  FYI, I use Verizon VoiceWing on my FIOS which is the Verizon voice over ip offering.  It's slightly higher than Vonage but for $30 I get a ton of features and unlimited long distance in the US.