Firefox downloading files speed

raptors892004

Do you experience lightning fast file downloads that exceed your internet cap with FF?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you experience lightning fast file downloads that exceed your internet cap with FF?

• Yes
    • No

I just compared my download speeds with FF and IE. IE starts with my internet cap and keeps up that speed if the server it downloads from is fast.. FF starts from 4 or 5 times my internet cap speed and then drops to the actual cap speed, but still.. For small files it would make a big difference (e.g.: FF - 2 secs, IE - 10 secs) .. Anyone else get this 'super-boost' while downloading files with FF? :D

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 9212 Kbps about 9.2 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1125 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Thu Sep 08 2005 09:03:41 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 165X faster than 56K 1MB download in 0.91 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 117.11 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-AQNU7OSHV

pretty fast. i have comcast 8Mb plan :D

i think it starts downloading while you are in the window to accept the download and save that path

so when it actually shows it is downloading it has alreayd been downloading and that is why u see all those high score.

i have a bandwidth metter that shows my bandwidth and i am sure this is what happens