online gaming on main forum

Would you like to see a section devoted to online gaming on TestMy.net?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a section devoted to online gaming on TestMy.net?

• Yes
    • No

I vote yes, as long as it stays civil (no flames!) and on task = connectivity issues, ping times, etc.

I don't think  that's what he had in mind. Ping times, connectivity, that is.

how about adding smething about online gaming (ps2, xbox, psp, etc.) on the  "main forum", so ppl wont start topic on the general section.  :D.

edit: damn i should have added a poll if ppl would like that idea. Mods, can you modify this (add poll)?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say make a sticky in the thread first saying if you get out of line expect to be banned and that might help it out.  i also agree it will have some nastyness in there but thats part of gaming just ban the ones that go overboard.

That's a tad extreme and not how we work here. Also, regular members have no say in who gets banned, this is for your sake really. Banning is a last measure, not a deterrent for people going overboard.

You're probably right.  My thought is that one of the best things about this site is that it is more or less specialized towards Internet connectivity.  There must be a million and one gaming forums on the net, and I would hate to see the forum here become generalized or try to cover all bases, and then just blend in with the rest.  I imagine that there are enough issues with ping times alone with on line games to open a forum.  It's just that debates about which WOW race or Halflife 2 mod is best seems a little out of character for this site.  There is an off-topic discussion board.

I disagree (although I'm almost afraid to). We have had several topics related to gaming started and gaming (especially on line) relates directly to speed testing. Besides the more content we have and the more diversified that content is, the more hits we get which leads to more traffic, users and ultimately revenue to improve the site. You gotta put out info the people want and if you want a good example of that look at the guides section. The guide for bittorent has been read more times than any other aside from Van's tweak guide and that guide is on the front page. Also if you search goggle for "bittorent tutorial" the guide comes up on the first page which invariable gets us traffic. :D

why do you need to get an extra forum for it anyhow. if you have a broadband related q concerning games, just ask away.

Because online connections play a big role in alot of new games and the more sections of information we have the more hits we get, more hits gets more money. :)

• 3 weeks later...