Weird.... wait its direcway.

TheMainJam

i have been unable to log into the admin function of the dw6000 for the past month or three.

i have also had problems getting some webpages to load. have to refresh multiple times to get it to come up.

i have a linksys wireless router with 2 computers connected wirelessly and 1 connected by a cable.

i have no problem browsing except the stupid refresh thing.

any ideas of the problem? i heard about a firmware upgrade that happened. i was wondering if the update could possibly be corrupted and if so any way i could reset the firmware to download a new update?

thanks guys :)

see this does not help my problem and it has been getting worse and worse.

what about the other problem of not being able to log on to the 192.168.0.1 admin page?

or any info on being able to force a firmware update?

You've set up your browser correctly to be able to view that, right?

This is what is supposed to be in IE to be able to view the system control center:

Open IE -> tools -> internet options -> connections -> LAN Settings -> check "use a proxy server for LAN" -> advanced -> add 192.168.0.1 to the bottom "exceptions" box.

You should be able to view the page now; if not, we're getting no where.

i tried to put that into the exceptions box. but it wants me to put in an address to for the proxy server. but i do not know what to put in there.

even when i 192.168.0.2 as the proxy server and put 192.168.0.1 into the exception box i was still unable to enter the dw6000 admin function.

i was also unable to browse the internet with those settings.

any more ideas :) and thanks for the help so far :)

still neither is working internet or the admin function.

now i might not have said this but it was working fine one day. and the next it stopped working i did nothing with the computers which should have upset any settings.

i would call dway support but when they tell me to place my finger over the coaxial in and out to fix my problem.... it leaves me with alot of confidence.

still neither is working internet or the admin function.

now i might not have said this but it was working fine one day. and the next it stopped working i did nothing with the computers which should have upset any settings.

i would call dway support but when they tell me to place my finger over the coaxial in and out to fix my problem.... it leaves me with alot of confidence.

Are all the lights showing up on your modem? (sorry, it's a dway support question)

Have you reset your router?

I had a problem one time where all the lights on my direcway modem were on, my computer settings were right, but I couldn't get on the internet. I called Dway and they told me to reset my router.

Here's the problem with reseting your router, (I think) you lose all your settings. Security, passwords, etc.

Now I don't know if you have any security, so I don't know if it would be bad to reset or not. It's probably good to do it once in a while, and if you know how to re-configure your router then this probably wouldn't be bad. There should be a button in the back of your linksys router that's big enough for a pen to fit in. Hold it down for 20 secs. or until the lights on the front flash.

If you don't trust me (I wouldn't blame you) just call Dway support. Or you can try Linksys support.

You could always plug your computer directly into the  Direcway modem, see if that works. Then we would know if it's a router problem or not.

Power cycling means unplugging (your DW6000 modem) for about 10-30 seconds. Then plugging it back in. Try that again before you reset your modem.

Read it once and thought you meant the dway modem needed to be reset.

read it three times before i realized you meant the router.

forgot where the cd was for the reoconfiguring of the modem. hehe

anyways after a few hours searching and manipulating. i am now able to log into the admin page Thanks for all the help!!!

I can't get to the System control page using IE, but can using Firefox.

Also I used the info to use the 192.168.0.1 in the HTTP box and 87 in the port box beside it and what I needed to put in the exception box. The only problem is that I couldn't log into anything on the internet. I had good speed, but if the need to log in was needed at most places I could not. I would get this:

Https proxy not supported (Error 512)

The Https Proxy is not supproted.Please check the browser's proxy settings for Https traffic

I called support and they gave me a fix with a small change down in speed and this is it:

In the proxy address next to secure put 69.19.14.10 and port

• 2 weeks later...

Cool that you got your prob solved, but i wanted to clear somthing up. The reason they are telling you to put your thumb on the coax is to ground out the line. This can cause the lnb (radio) to essentialy freeze up and the modem to heat up very fast. This is a prob if your system isn't grounded correctly. Dway is stupid though, and you should instead unscrew the connector and touch the center wire to the outside of the barrel connector (the plug you just unplugged from). The connector is wired to the main board of the modem and thus is connected to your power system and house ground. Cant find a better one than that. If that helps anyones problems, than you need to call dway and have them send an installer (me :-) out to ground your system properly. Otherwise, sell it on ebay and buy a wildblue.

• 11 months later...