dsl and torrent.........

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

With really great torrent seeds And I dsl connection of 1.1M I can normaly pull down about a 100 kb/s.  From major download sites I can average roughly 110 kb/s. I ask does this seem about close to right? The reason I ask is this. That is about what I can normal get with my either net card hooked up. I was haveing alot of problems with this modum. I was haveing to reset it about once a day. Now I changed things to usb and my speeds seem really close to the same and I dont have near the problems with haveing to reset this modum every day. I know eithernet is supposed to be better. Just seems like with this set up usb works better and speeds are about the same. Your thoughts?

helloimtim:This is not exactly on topic .I use an internal winmodem with my dialup.I tried an external hardware modem that was supposed to be better & faster but it wasn't.So use what works best for your connection.Other that tests does it do other things as fast like load pages or DL software or other DL's that are not tests.

With really great torrent seeds And I dsl connection of 1.1M I can normaly pull down about a 100 kB/s.  From major download sites I can average roughly 110 kB/s. I ask does this seem about close to right? The reason I ask is this. That is about what I can normal get with my either net card hooked up. I was haveing alot of problems with this modum. I was haveing to reset it about once a day. Now I changed things to usb and my speeds seem really close to the same and I dont have near the problems with haveing to reset this modum every day. I know eithernet is supposed to be better. Just seems like with this set up usb works better and speeds are about the same. Your thoughts?

Yea man thats good speeds for your cap on BT. I have a 4 download and get about 300k on most torrents so your doing alright. You can read my tutorial it might help.  http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-890.0  :D

Guest helloimtim

Thanks shug. Thats what I needed to know. Looks like with my setup usb is just as fast as ethernet. Think I will just stay with teh usb hookup. Works better and is just as fast......

Guest kamil234

i use bitcomet as my bittorrent program..the fastest speed i got was 941KB/s :)

anyways..if you can edit that post of yours you might wanna delete suprnova.org off there, site was taken down a longggg time ago  :haha:  i loved that site..

Guest helloimtim

ive tried all the torrent programs and azureus is by far the best. not even a close second in my opinion. i think it's like that for everything just like for a regular p2p program limewire is by far the best

I tried azureus. For whatever reason I just did not like that program. Could never really get the speeds out of it. Probally just did not have it set up right. Have herd tons of good things about azureus. Someday I may just give that another shot and play around with it and see what I can get done.