Problem when trying to install programs with more than one cd

MttFrog13

or use something like alcohol120% to make a .iso file and load it on a virtual cd drive. if you can't get anything else to work say so and ill give you a detailed guide on how to do this

uhhh.....i'll try that tomorrow, im sleepy now. but still my point is that i shouldnt have to do this, it should work anyway.

ok, i was getting restless so i did a full system recovery, which brought my pc to its out of the box condition. I was able to install the sims 2, but still not sim city 4 and i tried all this before installing ccleaner so i know that wasn the problem. I will try what u two recommended but i dont really know how, or even what u mean, so i just need some clarification on what to do and i'll try that. If what u two recommend doesnt work, then maybe something is wrong with my game cd or cd-rom drive.

make a dir on your hdd. copy all files from all the cd's of a game/program into it, then run the setup from there. leave cd1 in the drive so it can detect it for the copy protection, although the install routines usually don't do this.

that might solve your problems with the games, and will definitely take care of things for office apps.

make a dir on your hdd. copy all files from all the cd's of a game/program into it, then run the setup from there. leave cd1 in the drive so it can detect it for the copy protection, although the install routines usually don't do this.

that might solve your problems with the games, and will definitely take care of things for office apps.

Thanks a lot, i was able to get it to work doing it this way. Do u know what may have been the cause of all this raucus?