Firefox security patch

Swimmer

A new, unpatched flaw that affects all versions of Firefox could let attackers surreptitiously run malicious code on users' PCs, a security researcher has warned.

The problem lies in the way Firefox handles Web links that are overly long and contain dashes, security researcher Tom Ferris said in an interview via instant messaging late Thursday.

Read more

Here is the fix to this problem..

https://addons.mozilla.org/messages/307259.html

Guest helloimtim

Hate to tell you I told you so. No wait. I do like to say that. Fire Fox is so much more secure. Fire fox is so great. See I told you all along it was not. HA!! Now before anyone gets all pissy just rember they are probally the same ones that got pissy when I said fire fox being more secure was just a bunch of hot air. Told ya so. The almighty firefox is not as secure as the hardcore users said it was. Told ya so. Dont buy the hype. Use what works best for you. Oh did I forget to say. I told you so.  :D

Hate to tell you I told you so. No wait. I do like to say that. Fire Fox is so much more secure. Fire fox is so great. See I told you all along it was not. HA!! Now before anyone gets all pissy just rember they are probally the same ones that got pissy when I said fire fox being more secure was just a bunch of hot air. Told ya so. The almighty firefox is not as secure as the hardcore users said it was. Told ya so. Dont buy the hype. Use what works best for you. Oh did I forget to say. I told you so.  :D

It still has less security problems than the ones that IE has, and FF has many more useful features anyways, so I don't mind using it (I don't mind its security holes).. I would've gotten something with IE anyways.. :D

is it maybe because there are a lot more people looking for holes in ms products than anything else? what's the point in finding a hole in macos for example.

dumbass kid 1: look, i found a way to haxxor 3 of the worlds 200 bazillion computers by exploiting this macos bug.

dumbass kid 2 :you are so 1337.

that just ain't gonna happen.

is it maybe because there are a lot more people looking for holes in ms products than anything else? what's the point in finding a hole in macos for example.

dumbass kid 1: look, i found a way to haxxor 3 of the worlds 200 bazillion computers by exploiting this macos bug.

dumbass kid 2 :you are so 1337.

that just ain't gonna happen.

Quite true.. But MS always fixes them :D

1.07 is on its way according to anandtech..

"As soon as we got the report that users might be impacted, we began evaluating our options," said Mike Schroepfer, director of engineering at the Mozilla Foundation. Firefox version 1.0.7 and Mozilla version 1.7.12, which fix the IDN flaw, are now being tested, he said. "We're releasing as soon as we possibly can."

Hate to tell you I told you so. No wait. I do like to say that. Fire Fox is so much more secure. Fire fox is so great. See I told you all along it was not. HA!! Now before anyone gets all pissy just rember they are probally the same ones that got pissy when I said fire fox being more secure was just a bunch of hot air. Told ya so. The almighty firefox is not as secure as the hardcore users said it was. Told ya so. Dont buy the hype. Use what works best for you. Oh did I forget to say. I told you so.

I Always hear how securue FF is'  now it needs security patches? hmnnnn Im still with IEand always will.

You never hear about IE patches, cuz there are too many security issues.. It would take a couple of hours at least to fix them all (download and install patches).. So far, FF is better for me and I hope ppl don't make other exploits for it :D

I Always hear how securue FF is'  now it needs security patches? hmnnnn Im still with IEand always will.

The reason that everyone says that is because most of the time less than 24hours after the problem is found there is a patch to it.. unlike microsoft where you have to wait til the next month's security release or if the problem is worse enough it is released early..

I Have the automatic updates turned off on my computer' i haven't installed a single patch on it' i have no problems and no issues' im well protected  my computer is running great and im happy with the way things are running on my system' patches? maybe when i get corrupted... but then again maybe i will install them.  if that happens i'll reformat and wipe the drive clean and perform a back up restoration from Ghost 2003 and have my computer running like before it was attacked

in life there are too many choices to make' to have a good life' on the net there are choices when it ome to browsers........ there are diehard IE users and theres also diehard FF users' not everyone is going to like the same things'  so stop the nonsense and browse with whatever you are happy with.........

That's true.. :)