Who thinks dsl deserves a price reduction?

MttFrog13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The $14.95 package is only for new customers and its only 768/128.

B/S i have that price, and i have 3MB you do relize if you have more than 1 verizon service you become a ______ member and your costs are cheaper for everything, so just get verzion unlimited for your home phone or get verizon wireless cell phones

I' am very much in agreement that dsl should be lowered but who is going to make them lower the prices  :? I am so sad to hear about you having to pay such a price for dsl and you have the opportunity to go some where else and pay less or get a better package that it all most makes me sick :evil: especially when I have to pay $65.00 bucks a month for 1.2 down and .256 up and my only alternative is dial-up or satellite and these two services are owned by the same company so to you my dear sir I say be greatfull for what you have and not for what you WANT :D there is all ways somebody out there that is getting it worse than you are :idea:

I' am very much in agreement that dsl should be lowered but who is going to make them lower the prices  :? I am so sad to hear about you having to pay such a price for dsl and you have the opportunity to go some where else and pay less or get a better package that it all most makes me sick :evil: especially when I have to pay $65.00 bucks a month for 1.2 down and .256 up and my only alternative is dial-up or satellite and these two services are owned by the same company so to you my dear sir I say be greatfull for what you have and not for what you WANT :D there is all ways somebody out there that is getting it worse than you are :idea:

I agree :!:

also, look at it from the economical point of view. if a company cannot charge it's customers in an area where there is little or no competition enough to make the installation of a system interesting in the first place, why should any company want to develop high speed internet anywhere if they are forced to give it away at cost, with no chance of making a profit, which is why they are setting it up in the first place. also consider the fact thsat especially for more sparsely populated areas the cost for setting up a high speed data network is substantially higher per customer than say in manhattan. in spite of this most providers charge the same rate nationwide. how would you like to be the fella out in the sticks that gets offered cable internet for 500 bucks a month because chances are that only him and 2 of his neighbours are going to subscribe to the service that meant setting up a new node, lines etc just for that area? that would be fair, because others wouldn't have to pay a little more on their account just so the provider can enlarge the network...