Linksys 1.05 Firmware relaeased for WRT54GS V2?

compuworm

FYI,

I just got off the phone with linksys tech support and asked why they were listing Firmware for WRT54GS V2 router  that is not compatible with it according to their tech notes (see below):

The tech explained v4 Firmware for version 4 WRT54GS router is compatible with a v2 WRT54GS router.  When pressed why their tech notes stated otherwise the tech just stated it is compatible and there are more features the v2  wrt54gs router could use in the v4 firmware?.  I don't know this left me feeling a little confused and I decided not to download the v4 firmware.  I mean why state in the tech notes its not compatible if it is?????

I don't know maybe I am just being a bone head.  Download the driver at your own risk, if you do and it works fine please post so all will know.

Thanks,

compuworm

Linksys, A division of Cisco Systems, Inc.

Product:                WRT54GS v.4

Classification:        Firmware Release History

Firmware  Date: 8/29/2005

Release Date:          9/6/2005

Last Firmware Version: 1.05

Firmware 1.05

- Initial release for version 4.

NOTE:  This firmware is not compatible with WRT54GS hardware version 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 2.1 or 3.0.  Please check the bottom of your router to ensure you have the correct hardware version.