How to permanetly remove a program from startup?

ratchet

I purchased a program (GhostSurf, free after rebates) at BestBuy. It is actually a pretty robust anti adware/spyware/virus program, however, I only use the anonymous surfing feature on a sports message board since I'm satisfied with my other security programs. The anonymous surfing feature is the reason I bought it, it was a total auto setup as opposed to some of the free anonymous surfing programs and it works great. The issue I have with it, and it isn't a big deal, since I only have about six things in my startup menu anyway, is that if I've opened it and used it and don't remove it before I shut down my pc, it will always return to the startup menu. How can I edit the file or permanently remove it from the startup menu?  Thank You!

Many programs have a built in utility to view all start up items and modify as you see fit. I use "Your Uninstaller" for all my uninstallation needs and it has this program built in that works very well. :D There are free programs out there that will monitor your boot programs and tell you when something is trying to add to startup, let me see if I can find it.