Comcast Speed will not surpass 5.5 dl

Danbowski

Hello All,

As you can see I am new here. Hopefully I can get some help.

I am currently at the 8mb tier with Comcast and dl speeds will not surpass 5.5 dl. I have run test recommended by Comcast and all have come up good. Again, Will not surpass 5.5 dl. I have tried it on 2 diff. pcs, with router and without router and same result. As a starting point, does anybody know if this has anything to do with the modem? It's a rental, I believe the 6200.

Win XP serv/2

1 gig ram

AMD64  3200

Hello pitbull481,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I listed above the 6200, but I was wrong. I have the 4200? I will recheck when I get home. I think the problem might be 2 modems registered to my account is causing the problem. When I upgraded to the higher tier, a new modem was installed. Then I received an email telling me I had two modems registered, but I was not sure if it was a true Comcast email. So I then ignored it, because at the time I was getting the correct speeds. Guess I better make a call to check on this :( since another member here experienced that same problem (Topic: A New Cable Modem Can Make A Difference Thread).

netmasta you are correct.

Well my account is ok, But the dl speed still isn't there :(

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 5211 Kbps about 5.2 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 636 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Mon Sep 19 2005 19:26:58 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 93X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.61 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 21.47 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-K9VIS0LNH

I called Comcast regarding the same issue. Couldn't do a thing about it. They just referred me to this site. I am supposed to get 6 Mbps but I am only getting 3.1 Mbps. I have done speed test at least at 6 different sites, multiple times. All reporting between 3000-3400 Kbps. I used TCP Optimizer for tweaks and I regularly run checks for malicious program with 8 different virus and spyware programs. i really don't know where to go from here.

I called Comcast regarding the same issue. Couldn't do a thing about it. They just referred me to this site. I am supposed to get 6 Mbps but I am only getting 3.1 Mbps. I have done speed test at least at 6 different sites, multiple times. All reporting between 3000-3400 Kbps. I used TCP Optimizer for tweaks and I regularly run checks for malicious program with 8 different virus and spyware programs. i really don't know where to go from here.

Have you tried cablenut and its tweaks yet? :D