IMMEDIATE HELP!!

cuddles000078

recently i replaced my hard drive. havent even finished installing my drivers and i got a pop-up saying registry errors detected. i called tech support for my system (they replaced my hd) and they said its spy ware, so since i hadent even been on the internet yet i am assuming it cant be on my BRAND NEW EMPTY HD!!! correct? ok. i have an external hd, once i plugged it in is when i seemed to notice this, so its gotta be that right? now what is the BEST thing i can use to fix this. it doesnt have to be free although it has to be the absolute best there is! thanks,

Jeremy

Well maybe it was a bad install, but you can always download a regfixer. I have no idea what any are but I know there are some out there if you look around youll find one. Other then the bad install there should be no other reason for that. Is this the first time you have ever used that disc? And is it a legal disc.

If you are even connected to the internet after a fresh install it take less than 20 to infect a computer..  Try a reinstall.. with out the computer connected to the network.. once you get that done.. get your virus/firewall up and running(MS firewall doenst count).. then connect to the internet.. download the updates disconnect restart, and then download a spyware scanner..  Scan everything..  Then get the windows patches one firewall/virus scan is update..

first ya its a legal disc i have a gateway pc and its original software that came with it, second i had to do the hd swap they sent it by the mail. they think i should format but i think its on my external hd (i have two) primary was replaced, secondary is just like pics from my digi cam and that but has some songs too.

Do some spyware scanning on all of your disks.  AdAware and Spybot are pretty good.  Did your system autodetect the external drive(s) or did you have to install driver(s) for it/them?  When you disconnect the drives, do the errors go away on reboot without the drives attached?

I used to have that problem when my isp decided to make their client's ip public  :angry5:.....i did a clean install and it always pop up.....your external hd has xp installed in it ? if you're sure that your registry are fine, no malware detected and i'm guessing you're using xp then click start menu, run then type services.msc...disable messenger service...hope that work

ive got adaware, its still happenign, when my external is unplugged it doesnt come up, but i scanned it with adaware and nothing came up, also i wasnt connected to the internet (my eternet cable wasnt plugged in) when the first one came up. anyone know of anything or anybody that is really good with this kinda problem?

If the message doesn't come up with the hard drive disconnected, it could be the driver for the drive.  Check the web site for the manufacturer and see if there might be an update.