During Kitrina alot of people would have benifited from few of these!!!!!

jay173

I didn't see the link before the snip I'm guessing it was an UPS "uninterupted power supply".

I think most of the victims would have rather had one of these instead.I am in no way involved with selling this product I am posting the link as an example but this is probably the best know company for these filters.Not the seller but the manufacturer Katadyn

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Search?brand=Katadyn&langId=-1&storeId=8000&link=1&cm_ven=ps_overture&suppressSearchHeaderDisplay=1&cm_ite=katadyn&source=14526&cm_pla=brand_katadyn&cm_cat=camping-hiking

I Know that theres alot of homes that were not damaged completely and without power' it would have been a great way to reach someone for help' now the trick is how to get an internet connection' im sure nothing worked as there was no power and no DSL or Cable connections' what difference would a power back up or even a generatorit have made  without the mentioned internet service' oh yeah play solitaire for 1 hour' on the computer while everyone else is dying or starving'

fine, new orleans was under water, some of the other areas were flooded, but a lot of the places just got rain, wind, and the utilities knocked out. then a generator is a good thing. power your water distiller, fridge, ac, fan, satellite tv. if you feel the need, get direcway as a backup to cable internet in an area like that, so once the storm blows over you can watch pr0n while the community collapses around you.

i have apc smart ups and it works great cause i had it when the blackoput hit the east coast  and it lasted me about 7 hours with a tv xbox radio and a few lights.  also it wouldnt have helped them cause it is expensive to get 1 that can handle a big power load for a long time and mine cost over $1,500 new so you tell me if thats worth it if you only get a power outage 1 or 2 times a year.

i have apc smart ups and it works great cause i had it when the blackoput hit the east coast  and it lasted me about 7 hours with a tv xbox radio and a few lights.  also it wouldnt have helped them cause it is expensive to get 1 that can handle a big power load for a long time and mine cost over $1,500 new so you tell me if thats worth it if you only get a power outage 1 or 2 times a year.

Im guessing that apc could power a small personal fridge longer than a home entertainment system. :lol:

yes it can depending on the unit.  they can do 220 volt also and can power over 5000 watts for hours at a time

Quote---a ~3.5kW (constant load) genset (portable) is about 600 bucks. 

but for how much time?  a few minutes if you dont have extra batteries like me which cost like $600 ecah battery