IE more Secure then FF?? Check it out..

Swimmer

Mozilla Web browsers are potentially more vulnerable to attack than Microsoft's Internet Explorer, according to a Symantec report.

But the report, released Monday, also found that hackers are still focusing their efforts on IE.

The open-source Mozilla Foundation browsers, such as the popular Firefox, have typically been seen as more secure than IE, which has suffered many security problems in the past. Mitchell Baker, president of the foundation, said earlier this year that its browsers were fundamentally more secure than IE. She also predicted that Mozilla Foundation browsers would not face as many problems as IE, even as their market share grows.

Read More

everyone knows ff is less sucere now that its more popular

the more popular some tool/program/os is, the more of them are out there (duh) making them a more inviting target to mess with.

most secure browser, write one yourself, don't worry about security, just don't spread it around. noone is gonna go out of their way to hack that one in a zillion browser. :haha:

No browser will ever be 100% safe, it will never happen because there will always be those who make it their mission to prove you wrong.  Firefox's main strength is its popup blocker and active x limiting functions.  IE's popup blocker is not that good, same goes for active x scripts.  The true comparison will come once IE 7 faces off against FF 1.5.

if i had no choice but to use firefox i would stop using my computer to surf the net' i think i would find a real life then browsing with a browser that looks weird and simply i don't like. been there done that and don't ever want to try again.

hm, that almost made my sig but it's too long. too bad.

if i had no choice but to use firefox i would stop using my computer to surf the net' i think i would find a real life then browsing with a browser that looks weird and simply i don't like. been there done that and don't ever want to try again.

Looks weird? It basicly looks like IE. If I had no choice but to use IE, I'd switch to Linux or even... a Mac. You do know that you can customize the look and feel of Firefox?

It would be nice if Microsoft figured out a way to stop other browsers from being used on its OS. That way, Mozilla would have to rely on another source to gets its name out there. Everything that Mozilla has accomplished is owed to MS. Without Windows, Mozilla (as well as all other 3rd party browsers designed to run on MS products) would be nothing.

1.0.7 Update for firefox has been released..http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=7389

My personal opinion is that both are decent.. I dont use IE because it doesnt have tabs..  pop up windows from hell..  There just seem to be more on IE.. I have tried 7 for a short time on a test machine running vista.. i wasnt all that impressed with the layout for tabs.. but we will see what happens..  Until then I am going to stick with FF..

bah. best pie in thew face-like moment was the live win98 intro. i take this scanner here, plug it into the usb, and voila! bluescreen. whoops.

That is still classic.. http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9804/20/gates.comdex/gates.30.240.mov there is a link for those of you who dont know what we are talking about..

That is still classic.. http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9804/20/gates.comdex/gates.30.240.mov there is a link for those of you who dont know what we are talking about..

Yea, that was a good one. lol

BTW,  Happy (or othewise :P ) 20th occasion13.gif/happy_bday.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':bday:' />:' /> Windows. Maximum PC mag. has some screen shots and a little bit about the history of Windows in the Nov. issue.