Dutch Talk Show TO Take Heroin ON AIR!

tbaker397

A television presenter on a new Dutch talk show plans to take heroin and other illegal drugs on air in a program intended to reach young audiences on topics that touch their lives, producers said Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The show, scheduled to premier on late-night television Oct. 10, is called "Spuiten & Slikken," or the "Shoot Up and Swallow" show.

Even in the liberal Netherlands, where marijuana is sold and used openly, the proposed action by presenter Filemon Wesselink is illegal, and the idea was met with dismay by the governing center-right Christian Democrat party.

"This is dangerous and it sets a bad example," party spokesman Pieter Heerma said. "We're going to ask the justice minister for his view on what the law says about this, and his view on the dangers and risks involved."

Justice Ministry spokesman Ivo Hommes said it was not immediately clear whether Wesselink could be prosecuted. Possession of any amount of heroin is illegal, but in practice police usually do not have resources to chase after people with less than a half a gram of the highly addictive narcotic.

"The actual taking of drugs is a health problem, not a criminal act, though it's obviously hard to take drugs without possessing them first," Hommes said. "In any case it's not something we endorse, and doing it on television is undesirable."

The Shoot Up & Swallow show's main hostess will interview guests about drug use and abuse, while Wesselink and another presenter will carry out in-the-field experiments with sex and drugs.

Wesselink, 26, plans to smoke a heroin pill, said Ingrid Timmer, a spokeswoman for the show's producer BNN.

"It's not our intention to create an outcry. We just want to talk about subjects that are part of young people's lives," Timmer said.

In other segments of the show, Wesselink plans to go on a drinking binge in a series of pubs. He also plans to take the hallucinogenic drug LSD

I wonder if they could simulate a Crucifixion using the producer of BNN as the intended subject, wow how far can you go on the TV in the name of education ,ludicrous and poor decision making. Heroin and sex???

might as well once your hooked on heroin thats about it. thats an almost impossible habit to kick i knew a girl who was addicted and she never was able to get off :cry:

I recently got a felony for possession of cocaine and I have to go to rehab :( court date is on Monday at 10:15AM

I'm trying to kick the habit, wish me luck :)

Best of luck with that, xyther,  I've been off the crap for a few  years.

I watched a few friends loose every thing they had (including their health), that was enough to make me walk away.....

Kids, DRUGS ARE A DEAD END - Trust us..