There's gotta be a catch to this processor..

Indestructable

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/pentiumXE/index.htm

Cool. What's the catch?? Looks speedy. :twisted:

The catch is that it costs $1021 for a boxed processor.. The processor is alright.. I dont want to start the standard AMD vs. Intel fight.. but here is a review form x-bit labs.. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/pentium-840.html

here is what they had to say about it..

I should say that Pentium Extreme Edition 840 from Intel made a twofold impression today. On the one hand, this CPU is a true new step in the evolution of Intel processors on NetBurst architecture. In most contemporary tasks supporting multi-threading, this processor does improve the system performance. Among these multi-threaded applications are the same ones we have already mentioned in our AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU Review last week. I would like to specifically mention that Pentium Extreme Edition 840 proves highly efficient compared with the single-core Pentium 4 when we have a few resource-hungry applications running simultaneously.

However, the same CPU looks very unconvincing in quite a number of tasks. The main problem with Pentium Extreme Edition 840 is its low clock frequency, which makes its price absolutely incomparable with the actual performance you get in single-thread environment or under multi-threaded workload, which doesn