So...

Bird Fan

I already was carts at a golf course, so there isnt going to be a money problem.

Now I just need to find one, learn how to install it, and somehow keep my dad from hurting me.

Put a good spin on it.  New is good. 

That old laptop was having problems anyway, wasn't it?  Lock up for no reason, hard drive would just crunch and crunch, and what was that electrical crackling you hear last week, anyway???

Put a good spin on it.

I already told him over the phone... His comment: "I'm not very happy"

That old laptop was having problems anyway, wasn't it?  Lock up for no reason, hard drive would just crunch and crunch, and what was that electrical crackling you hear last week, anyway???

Nah, mine was working fine. You must've confused me with someone else.

Buying one off Ebay is safe right?

I have damaged an LCD laptop display.  I found it was better (more economical, time efficient) to get a new laptop.  You might find otherwise, but laptop displays aren't cheap.  :cry:

I don't have the money to do that, and my dad would never allow it.

I found one on Ebay for $200 buy it now, I'll probably go for that. I'm thinking about having my dad just taking it into a computer shop, though. Just to see what they can do, maybe they can get a good screen.

I might even call Dell, this would be the second time in a month that I'd be requesting a new part. I wonder what kind of story I would have to pull to somehow get it to be warrented..

I don't have the money to do that, and my dad would never allow it.

I found one on Ebay for $200 buy it now, I'll probably go for that. I'm thinking about having my dad just taking it into a computer shop, though. Just to see what they can do, maybe they can get a good screen.

I might even call Dell, this would be the second time in a month that I'd be requesting a new part. I wonder what kind of story I would have to pull to somehow get it to be warrented..

If there is no outward damage (cracks, liquid squirting, etc,) then you could say you just closed it and when you opened it, it didn't work.  If there is outward damage, then one of the hinges must have jammed and it broke when you were closing it.

Now you're ready for squeezing normal monitors.. CRT's are for pro-squeezers only..  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha::D

Ouch, now that would hurt. Not to mention possibly kill you.

too lazy to look for, but i'm sure you all know it. the video of the guy in the office video attacking his comp...

LOL, I love that one. I can't find a link to the video right now though for the rest of you guys to see.

If there is no outward damage (cracks, liquid squirting, etc,) then you could say you just closed it and when you opened it, it didn't work.  If there is outward damage, then one of the hinges must have jammed and it broke when you were closing it.

There isn't any damage on the outside, just on the inside.

We'll see what happens, it's just going to take time and I'm not going to rush it (especially if I have to pay for it).