Any Info. Would be Helpfull on Network Bridging

SummerEagle

Bridging I believe just ties two LAN segments together.  Don't see how it would increase your speed.  Your computer can only use one connection to the bridged LAN/WAN.  You could add another nic and multi-home your machine but I'm not sure if this would speed you up either. 

Right now have 2 net cards connected to a dlink router, from there connected to a dlink cable modem, reciving 2 ip address's from the router, frome looking at the router looks like the 2nd connection want to work with the 1st, ( this is just looking at the lights Blinking) but the 1st connection is doing all the work as it looks, if this works like i would like it to then I'm thinking its in the settings some were, yes i have read about the "There is a way to do this.. This is how the first "128K" dialup connection came along... 2x 56k modems then you would split the traffic between them" so I do beleve this can be done..in some way

There is a way to do this.. This is how the first "128K" dialup connection came along... 2x 56k modems then you would split the traffic between them.. I will have to see how they did it..

the 128 k dialup is actually isdn with the two b channels (64k each) bundled.

and hooking up any number of network cards to the router won't do you any good as long as the router is going through the one modem. the modem gives you x amount of speed that y amount of devices behind the router have to share and share alike.

the 128 k dialup is actually isdn with the two b channels (64k each) bundled.

and hooking up any number of network cards to the router won't do you any good as long as the router is going through the one modem. the modem gives you x amount of speed that y amount of devices behind the router have to share and share alike.

There WERE a few ISPs that offered 112k dialup using USRobotics modems and "Shotgun" technology.

It definitely appears that you would need some third party software in order to combine two separate connections and say double your speed.

The Windows Network Bridge I believe will just act similar to a router.

I tested the theory also, and it would only connect to the net on one NIC at a time.

with the dual 56k dialup modems you could accually use as many modems as you had com ports and phone lines it is was a builtin feature on older versions of windows i belive it was called multilink framing and with the windows network bridge you need to specify the network routes with the route command

• 9 months later...