Bill Gates Still the Richest Man

organ_shifter

Microsoft chairman architect Bill Gates is still the wealthiest person in America with a total of $51 billion, according to Forbes' annual list. Four out the top five richest Americans represent the technology industry, with fellow Microsoft founder Paul Allen, Michael Dell and Larry Ellison trailing Warren Buffett.

Larry Page and Sergey Brin were the big movers on the 2005 Forbes 400 list. The Google founders vaulted to number 16 and 17 with $11 billion each. Google CEO Eric Schmidt followed at number 52. Meanwhile, Steve Jobs took position 67 on the list with $3.3 billion, while Amazon's Jeff Bezos dropped from number 38 to 42.

Forbes' annual list - The 400 Richest Americans

4 Dell, Michael 18,000 40 Austin, TX Dell

i didnt know the guy from dell was called dell did u ?

I haven't looked up the history, but Micheal Dell was one of the youngest self made millionares (now Billionare).

He dropped out of college to start his business if I recall correctly.

So, the lesson learned is: Stay in school!!!

Wait..., drop out of school! :confused1:

How about this: Only drop out of school if you have a great business idea.

Lucky bastard  :D

Anyways they are still using MICROSOFT unless they are running another OS Wow!! Some people dont like IE but live on the net with Mr Gates creation!! WINDOWS

Actually, he didn't create it, he bought it when he was just a young lad and just built it up from someone elses original creation.

Actually, he didn't create it, he bought it when he was just a young lad and just built it up from someone elses original creation.

i didnt say he invented the product' he created what it is today' its like the creators of Coke at first it was supposed to be some kind of medecine and when COCA COLA bought the rights to it they made it into what it is today' point is no matter what if ur not running Linux or another OS ur still using MICROSOFT'

has any one seen

Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999)

i watched it in the weekend

if u are intrested in microsoft and apple and xerox and how it all happend in the bigining and how bill gates (smart ASS) stole apple OS and stuff like that

very much worth watching it

i didnt say he invented the product' he created what it is today' its like the creators of Coke at first it was supposed to be some kind of medecine and when COCA COLA bought the rights to it they made it into what it is today' point is no matter what if ur not running Linux or another OS ur still using MICROSOFT'

True for the op sys, but it could be that if you don't run Windows or some other OS, then you're using Linux....

With Coke, they were forced to change the mix due to the new laws which made cocaine illegal, which was then replaced with caffeine.  The rest of the mix hasn't been changed, at least that I have heard of.  Oh yeah, you have Coke zero, and the like, but the original recipe for coke hasn't changed since inception, excepting the cocaine withdrawal ........  :)

True for the op sys, but it could be that if you don't run Windows or some other OS, then you're using Linux....

With Coke, they were forced to change the mix due to the new laws which made cocaine illegal, which was then replaced with caffeine.  The rest of the mix hasn't been changed, at least that I have heard of.  Oh yeah, you have Coke zero, and the like, but the original recipe for coke hasn't changed since inception, excepting the cocaine withdrawal ........  :)

If it was made with cocaine nowadays, the price would'nt be so low for a 12pack.. lol :D