tracert doesn't work for me :(

raptors892004

Do you have a firewall running, or are you using a router? If so, try without those. Also, some ISP's block ping and tracert.

I have a software firewall as well as a router running.. Maybe my ISP blocks the attempts at all.. I don't see any blocked attemps by my firewall (to any external IP or from any port on my system).. I don't think my router blocks those ports either.. Ah well, ping works fine, tracert doesn't.. :( I'll just live with that :D

The only caught connections i see in my firewall logs are from different IPs to port N/A's on my pc.. Only rule that has ports N/A listen in firewall exceptions and is not checked is Multicast Address (Incoming and Outgoing).. I'm guessing that's the problem, but I won't try it now, cuz I don't want to restart my pc after trying tracert with those N/A ports open and then restarting the pc after disabling it to make it work.. I'll keep it in mind for the future though :D

Swimmer: Does pc cillin block ping too? My ISP blocks both ping & tracert on dial-up for security they say.So since raptors892004 can ping you are probably right it is something in his OS that is blocking tracert.

Nope just tracert.. for some reason ping works fine.. but the firewall doesnt allow tracert through..here is why.. http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/search/main/search/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=17334&q=tracert&qp=&qt=tracert&qs=&r=1&c=17334&sort=0

Nope just tracert.. for some reason ping works fine.. but the firewall doesnt allow tracert through..here is why.. http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/search/main/search/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=17334&q=tracert&qp=&qt=tracert&qs=&r=1&c=17334&sort=0

Allowing any incoming ICMP attempts allows the tracert to work.. Just make an exception for all programs, all IPs to allow all incoming ICMP connections and it's going to work fine :).. Thanks for the info Swimmer :D