Trend Micro log file

raptors892004

I got this huge Trend Micro Proxy log file (TmProxy.log) in the program's log folder that is 4GB.. Anyone know what its for? I deleted it and i have yet to face the consequences of deleting it (if there are any - hope not :)).. I did not notice it before, but after defragging my hdd, the windows defrag pointed this out as fragmented 4.00GB file that could not be repaired.. Anyone else have this? :D

No consequences for deleting it so far.. Its just a log file anyway.. There's a new one there now.. It logs what .dll's were loaded .. Anyone know why it was 4GB or if u got this too? :D

Yes I too have Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2005 . It's one of the best Internet Security programs that is out there but it is not user friendly ( [glow=red,2,300]you have to know your Stuff[/glow] ) .

The log file that you deleted has no impact on the program it self, it's just a record log !!

It is good to review it then delete the text of the log file ( Do not delete the file itself ) ,

just empty the file, the program will keep updating it with new logs as you use your Pc . :shock:

Yes I too have Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2005 . It's one of the best Internet Security programs that is out there but it is not user friendly ( [glow=red,2,300]you have to know your Stuff[/glow] ) .

The log file that you deleted has no impact on the program it self, it's just a record log !!

It is good to review it then delete the text of the log file ( Do not delete the file itself ) ,

just empty the file, the program will keep updating it with new logs as you use your Pc . :shock:

I cannot open it.. Notepad says its too large.. I expect the same thing happening with other text editors.. Its 4 GB.. Its gonna load in the text editor for at least a couple of minutes, if the editor can even open it.. I deleted it and next time i booted my pc, trend micro created a new one.. I just don't know how it got so big, because on every restart, the program adds 1kb more to it (about 10 lines or so)..  That means I restarted a million times before it got to 4GB.. At least I freed up some disk space :D

It is never better to delete a file then it is to fix it. By deleting the file you create registry errors and broken links . close down trend so that the file is not in use , then open and delete the text inside. But if you can't access the file then and only then delete it .My other point is this , you will never know what info was in the file that caused it to get so big !!!! 

PS: you do use a good registry cleaner ---> Right ???

I don't have any registry cleaner.. Do you use any that are good? Because I used some before but I don't want to delete any information that might relate to currently installed programs and cause them to malfunction.. Secondly, I could not open the log file in order to see what it is that made it so big.. Notepad tried, but it gave up saying its too big, which is normal for a 4gb text file :D