Wierd downloading/networking issue

dragonswrath

Hello all,

Here's the deal.  I really need your help.  I am at my wits end.  I have Comcast and experienced several line related issues with their last upgrade.  We seem to finally have worked that out, but I am still having one MAJOR issue.  I can not download anything.  Well, not quite true, I was able to get Windows Updates to work after I decided to format and reinstall in an attempt to fix the problem.  I have not however been able to download software or drivers from anyone.  I get either file corruption error or file data errors.  I have been unable to update any of my drivers after I formated but I had all of them update when the issue began.

I am running Windows XP Pro on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, AMD 64 3400, 1GB, 6600 GT Nvidia Video (only 1), and a 74 GB WD Raptor,  I initially had a Linksys WTY54G router but ditched it for a D-Link DGL-4300 Gamer's Lounge.  The problem surfaced with Linksys but continue still after the change.

I am truly baffled.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Anything?

I would also try booting into safe mode with networking and test a download or 2 that way.  If you could successfully download windows updates, it doesn't sound like its a hardware issue.  It might be a setting in your router, or some software/firewall problem.  Have you installed any antivirus or spyware programs since you reformatted?  Are you on SP2? (and is it blocking the download with the information bar?)  ...  thinking cap broke so I'm out of ideas and questions :)