server stats

dlewis23

:shock: Thanks, CA3LE-

Thats almost 5 THOUSAND Mbps allotted to ONE machine just for playing a few games and a little file storage/sharing?

That bandwidth can't be free for your friend to just give away.

We love ya dlewis23, but give us a little credit and a little proof.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, there is no way that one server could even effectively use an oc 48 , maybe if you had 1000 servers that would be using the bandwidth heavy, like game servers and if you do have all this bandwidth , then why don't you ake some money and sell stuff?

Absolutey, I would be working from home hosting sites, etc, if I had that much BW available for next to nothing.

hay everybody, i never said what that server was really used for, sure i host a few game servers, but you don't generate 1813.34GB of traffic use in 15days just hosting game servers and filesharring. The main thing that server is used for is 3Dmax and Photoshop streaming. i stream very large files anyware from 15mb's-2GB's in size to 100's of people at once. I am a Graphics designer for the best home theater company. I render all the 3D virtual tours of every theater we do. then i stream it from that server to the customer and all the other 100's of people that are working his/her 30million dollar house. I could use more bandwidth then 2 oc48's and were ca3le was talking about the eathernet net at 1gbps i could use the fill pottental i guess hes never see this http://intel.com/network/connectivity/products/pro1000pt_dualport_server_adapter.htm i have 3 of thoes in my server thats 6gbps

hay everybody, i never said what that server was really used for, sure i host a few game servers, but you don't generate 1813.34GB of traffic use in 15days just hosting game servers and filesharring. The main thing that server is used for is 3Dmax and Photoshop streaming. i stream very large files anyware from 15mb's-2GB's in size to 100's of people at once. I am a Graphics designer for the best home theater company. I render all the 3D virtual tours of every theater we do. then i stream it from that server to the customer and all the other 100's of people that are working his/her 30million dollar house. I could use more bandwidth then 2 oc48's and were ca3le was talking about the eathernet net at 1gbps i could use the fill pottental i guess hes never see this http://intel.com/network/connectivity/products/pro1000pt_dualport_server_adapter.htm i have 3 of thoes in my server thats 6gbps

6Gps for one server lol. Where in the world to you get the $10's of thousands/month to pay for it?

OK! I believe you, you did not have to kill my PC with that supposed video....... :haha: :haha:

But seriously, the instant the download completed and tried to open-> BAM, the PC restarted.

I will try again. ;)

Lol, and it's only a 24MB file. I'm downloading it right now @ about 400Kb. If that was an oc connection, I should have had a higher download speed.

Edit: Nice video. I know an OC-48 would have given me more than 400Kb. I download a couple of video game speed runs from http://www.vortiginous.com/ at almost 5000kb/sec today. My cap, BTW is 6Mb, so I was close to my cap.

Lol, and it's only a 24MB file. I'm downloading it right now @ about 400Kb. If that was an oc connection, I should have had a higher download speed.

dlewis23, is this 64bit or something?

Either way, it kills my PC when trying to play it. Maybe a codec or driver problem on my end?

BTW, netmasta, I downloaded it in just a couple of minutes at around 500KBytes/sec.

Edit: Nice video. I know an OC-48 would have given me more than 400Kb. I download a couple of video game speed runs from http://www.vortiginous.com/ at almost 5000kB/sec today. My cap, BTW is 6Mb, so I was close to my cap.

its not hosted on that server its on my powweb shared server. When ca3le sets up the new mirror with the bandwidth i donated its on my server with the duel oc48 connection.

i have 2 servers and 1 shared host. i posted this on the shared host because i have 300gb of bandwidth and 5000mb of space thats not being used right now. my first server hosts 6 web sites and alot of bittorent files. my second server the one with the duel OC48 is the one that host's all my game servers and my everything i stream and do for work.

dlewis23, is this 64bit or something?

Either way, it kills my PC when trying to play it. Maybe a codec or driver problem on my end?

BTW, netmasta, I downloaded it in just a couple of minutes at around 500KBytes/sec.

dn0 if you want the full version of that video is 1.2gb 1080p res and full 64bit

Well, I wish I could check out your video, dlewis, I would like to see your work, but I am afraid of the instant computer restart again, and the errors I get once it comes back up.

Odd, I have a P4 2.53GHZ, 1024MB RAM, and an ATI All In Wonder 7200 video card (may be the problem, 64MB).

dn0 if you want the full version of that video is 1.2gb 1080p res and full 64bit

Is the 64bit code the problem on my end do you think?

I am not a video guru, but I am going to upgrade the entire system soon, and will probably go with AMD X2 64BIT, etc..

no, the video that i uploaded is a 32bit WMV there is no reason why it wount play on your systm.

what version of windows media player do you have?

Version 10 since it has been out...

edit: I am adding a screenshot of the Online Crash Analysis from MSoft..