Hissing from speakers.

netmasta

This has been driving me crazy for the last few days. :angry5: I have this low hissing sound coming from my speakers. I have the Creative Insperation T5400 5.1 sound speakers.

I know it's not a sound card/computer related issue, because I can hear the hiss with the speakers disconnected from the computer.

Here is what I've tried so far.

've tried turning down the master volume.A wired 'remote' connected to the sub. The sound stays unless the speakers are turned off. All of the speakers connect through the sub. Turning down the speakers only eliminated the "dead radio air" sound. I've also plugged the speaker's power into a seperate outlet. I have also disconnected and reconnected the speakers. There are no EMI sources near by, except for the montior and a few power cords. Yes, the speakers still hiss with the monitor off.

This has been driving me crazy for the last few days. :angry5: I have this low hissing sound coming from my speakers. I have the Creative Insperation T5400 5.1 sound speakers.

I know it's not a sound card/computer related issue, because I can hear the hiss with the speakers disconnected from the computer.

Here is what I've tried so far.

've tried turning down the master volume.A wired 'remote' connected to the sub. The sound stays unless the speakers are turned off. All of the speakers connect through the sub. Turning down the speakers only eliminated the "dead radio air" sound. I've also plugged the speaker's power into a seperate outlet. I have also disconnected and reconnected the speakers. There are no EMI sources near by, except for the montior and a few power cords. Yes, the speakers still hiss with the monitor off.

Have you tried the speakers directly connected to the computer?  This may show if its the sub or not.  Also, if you have an adapter that matches the one your using for the speaker power, try changing that out.

If you are using a speaker system that is amplified.. you are going to get some noise..  That is just what happens.. Unless it is so loud that you cant stand it.. or at high volumes.. there isnt all the much you can do..  Since it is happening when they are not connected to the computer.. i think you are stuck with what you got.. Even my Z-2200s hiss..

The hissing seems to come and go once in a while.:shrug:  Guess what it's gone again today. It seems to go away when I leave my speakers off for a while. I turn them off at night. Ah well, I guess I'll have to live with it.

Edit: NVM, it's back again.

Okj here's the deal. I have a feeling it could possibly be the shielding on the speaker wires. The wires for the front speakers are built in, so I can't replace them. The rear wires are regular speaker wire.

Another add thing. If I put the sub face down the hiss goes away, but the air hole? in front would be blocked. I don't get why.

I can't connect the speakers directly to the soundcard, they have RCA type connections.

question :D

how many power supplies do you have feeding the speakers you may be hitting on a good thing talking about shielding on your conductors check polarity for it sounds like your getting what we call in the trade a 60 cycle hum which can be a hard thing to isolate, try to turn your power supply upside down or over  this changes the polarity of the power source and then you can check your polarity through out the whole speaker system you can get an isolation transformer to silence the 60HzG hum get back to me and let me know how it turns out