I have a question if anyone can help

bs74

bout 3 mos ago a friend built my puter,nuttin fancy amd processor 1.2 512 sdram memory 120 gb hd primary/10 gb secondary, and an inno tornado  3d 64 mb graph card, well the prob is bout mnth ago puter wld just completely freeze you cldnt do anything and when you tried restarting it wld say cmos checksum error and never load,,well i gave it back to him and he thght there was a bad ribbon so he replaced it,and installed primary ide connector cable as it wasnt installed,,got it back and sooner than later it started it again saying same thing,,he tended to think it was a software prob,,so 1 by 1 i had to reinstall windows adding a particular prob untill it wld start freezing trying to see if it was that,and of course it did still freeze when mainly i installed mah norton,so i left norton off and put avg on it,and ran a test i wld usually turn it off when i got done with the puter instaed of leaving it running one day i left it running while i was @ work and it froze everytime,,after it started doing that i cldnt even get on for 5 mins before it wld freeze,,so i took it back to him he changed the fan out and added a new one to help with heat extraction,,got it back yesterday as it hadnt froze one time with him no longer than i had gotten it back it started freezing again ,,and wld freeze @ the windows boot screen or while it was checking my memory,,so i called him back again and took it back,he took the case off and ran it hard for bout 30 mins making the processor flatline @ 100 percent constant,,didnt freeze one time,and so i took it back homeplugged it back up cept this time putting it on top of desk instead of down in the little cubby for the tower  andd sure enough when i put it under heavy load (i think i was dling some stuff on limewire it froze again)i turned it back off and let it sit for bout 15 mins and restarted it,,it started back up like eerything was peachy,,i let it run over  night and here it is 8 am sun morn and it never froze one time,,this is extremly taxing!! he really has no clue what it is as neither do i thght maybe it was overheating but with him adding another fan to take out the excess heat i dont see where that cld be a factor,,under device manager there is no conflicts,,how ever under system tools/systeminfo/hardwareresources/conflicts and sharing this craps listed I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus

I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF VIA CPU to AGP Controller

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF Inno3D GeForce FX 5200

IRQ 5 Inno3D GeForce FX 5200

IRQ 5 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller

IRQ 5 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller

Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xDFFFFFFF VIA CPU to AGP Controller

Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xDFFFFFFF Inno3D GeForce FX 5200

Memory Address 0xE4000000-0xE5FFFFFF VIA CPU to AGP Controller

Memory Address 0xE4000000-0xE5FFFFFF Inno3D GeForce FX 5200

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF VIA CPU to AGP Controller

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF Inno3D GeForce FX 5200

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB VIA CPU to AGP Controller

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB Inno3D GeForce FX 5200

im really at a loss here and i think i screwed ma self and ordered 3 sticks of 512 mem to replace ma 512 total,,so anyone have any ideas???

to me it does sound like a memory problem.. or maybe a power source problem.. might not be getting enough power to the cpu..

,,hmm with the mem thgh doesnt it check the mem for any bad sectors when you install xp pro or in ma case since i have to partition mine,,and if it was a power prob any ideas how i narrow it down or find out if it def is?? thanx for the help

thanx cholla,,it froze up about noon and i never cld get it to come back up till now and when i started it up it again said cmos error f1 to continue delete to enter setup,,and its not in the cubby ive had it out in the open on top of my desk since last night,,i have no idea if it has a temp sensor i can ask the guy that built it for me,,im almost afraid what little research i have been able to find comparing these symptoms,tends to sound more and more like a bad processor its hard to pin down thgh,,the fan came with the processor both those came from some place on the internet he found on pricewatch,,my hd is brand new too,,so i dunno i just hope i dont have to fork out more $ for another processor

well that gave me some interesting stuff,, i did go into cmos and checked the temp after restarting and it was up to 76 c isnt that high?? shldnt it be lower,,plus i found some articles saying the battery cld be low or almost out,, according to this i dont have a batterie,,geez what a mess,, i did try changing some stuff in cmos loading optimized settings so well see what happs from here