question about speed

marty722

HELP!!!! I have yahoo DSL 384-1.5 plan. I have several questions. I have a alcatel adsl modem. yes I've been with them along time. I also have voip service with vonage. Everything has been great until a few weeks ago. My setup is. Modem to voip router setup with a static IP. The voip router goes to a netgear wireless router. I have 2 pc's wired in along with 2 ip cameras. I'm also using 2 wireless laptops. As noted things have been great until 3 weeks ago. When using the phone there is a BIG delay when talking to people and you can' even understand them. So we must hangup and use another phone. Called Vonage (which by the way is great I even ported my number over) and they replaced the voip modem. Still same thing is happening. I have check and recheck the router setting and even changed them around. Is there a way to get into this modem? Has anybody else had this problem? Vonage says to upgrade the bandwith? I don't think that is the problem as it's been working fine. Any help would be great. Here's my speed tests. Thanks  Marty

Your connection rating is:      [Test Home | Re-Test]

See our forum for speed tips

Your connection is: 207 Kbps      (about 0.2 Mbps)

You uploaded at: 25 kB/s

Your TRuSPEED: ^info^ 221 Kbps :: 27 kB/s (7% overhead factored)

Bottom Line: You are running: 4 times faster than 56K and can upload 1 megabyte in 40.96 second(s) 

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 77.53 % of your hosts average (pacbell.net) 

Results Comparison   

::You::

pacbell.net (267 Kbps)

Typical Cable (128 - 768)

Typical DSL (128 - 768)

Typical Satellite (50 - 128)

ISDN (64 - 128)

Dial Up (28.8 - 33.6)

Note:Your speed should be within the blue for your connection type. If you score higher... SMILE!

Your connection rating is:      [Test Home | Re-Test]

See our forum for speed tips

Your connection is: 1197 Kbps      (about 1.2 Mbps)

You downloaded at: 146 kB/s

Your TRuSPEED: ^info^ 1281 Kbps :: 156 kB/s (7% overhead factored)

Bottom Line: You are running: 21 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 7.01 second(s) 

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 67.06 % of your hosts average (pacbell.net) 

Results Comparison  0              500                  1000            1500            2000            2500            3000            3500            4000  Kbps 

::You::

avg pacbell.net (1785 Kbps)

Typical Cable (256 - 4000)

Typical DSL (256 - 1500)

Satellite (700)

ISDN (64 - 128)

Dial Up (28.8 - 56)

Note:Your speed should be within the blue for your connection type. If you score higher... SMILE!