Sempron

JustinOhioRR

s1. I know this......im building a budget PC that does internet browsing/everyday tasks......no gaming, nothing major........

Will that CPU run on that Motherboard? The mobo say's Socket 754 and so does the CPU, but the CPU say's 800mhz fsb and the mobo only goes to 533......is that REALLY an 800 mhz fsb on the CPU? I thought AMD's didnt run that high.

if i were you, i would stay away from a amd sempron, they are a shitty product. if you spend a little more you can get a much fast and more relyable computer.

get this processor or one of the slightly slower ones

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Manufactory=1157&PropertyCodeValue=507%3A6982&PropertyCodeValue=517%3A7842&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&description=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=343&Submit=Property

and this mobo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128296

the key with proccessors and mobo's is, you get what you pay for.

thanks guys....

lewis, i hate celerons.....tahts why im not getting one buddy  ;)

resopal - I know, this is a budget PC for everyday use, nothign major

i am however getting the sempron 64 but have changed my mind on the mobo/case, i found this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16856119004

I knwo it will work with that processor as well.......case/mobo/cpu/512 ddr 3200 all for 205 shipped......that sounds good to me

btw, im on a celeron 600 right now......so this will eb fine.....thansk

if i were you, i would stay away from a amd sempron, they are a sh*tty product. if you spend a little more you can get a much fast and more relyable computer.

get this processor or one of the slightly slower ones

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Manufactory=1157&PropertyCodeValue=507%3A6982&PropertyCodeValue=517%3A7842&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&description=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=343&Submit=Property

and this mobo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128296

the key with proccessors and mobo's is, you get what you pay for.

im sorry to inform you but sempron's are not s***** processors.....people mostly make those assumptions and say that on the basis that

they heard it from someone else....i've built exactly 7 systems with a 2400+ sempron in them (operates only at 1.75ghz) and honestly

they perform great.......its not a prize winning processor, but it performed anything i wanted it to do without any trouble

im sure there are many ppl out here that will support this fact...you just have to give a processor a try - this one just happens to be very good

Thanks disturbed.......

You can actually OC this cpu very easily and its stable......some kid oc'ed his to 2.6GHz w/no problems.....

I hate people who think you HAVE to buy Intel to get a good processor....

Do you people know that a Sempron is simply a Athlon rebadged? Most do not know that.

Anyways, im building a budget pc that will run me a tad over 200 bucks with shipping......and for what i do, that seems plenty...

AMD Sempron 64 800mhz fsb 1.6 ghz speed 128L2cache (not enough), 512 ddr 400

damn i cant wait.

So I have decided to go with this setup:

MSI K8MM Motherboard

(offbrand) 512 MB DDR 400 (PC 3200)

AMD Sempron 64 2600+ Palermo 800MHz FSB

All of that shipped for $187.82.

Im more comfortable with an MSI board over that ?FOXCONN? board.

I am ordering it tonight, hopefully.

2GB is the ideal configuration for [glow=red,2,300]64-bit Vista, we're told. Vista 32-bit [/glow] will work ideally at 1GB, and minimum 512. However, since 64-bit is handling data chunks that are double the size, you'll need double the memory, hence the 2GB. Nigel mentions DDR3 - which is a little odd, since the roadmap for DDR3, on Intel gear at least, doesn't really kick in until 2007.

def gonna have to different versions, with all of the 32bit cpus still coming out and are gonna continue to come out they wouldnt make 64bit manditory.

Alright.. the mobo will support the processor both support FSB 800MHz Hyper Transport (1600MT/s)...

As far as vista will go.. from what I have been reading you are going to want the most up todate processor you can get your hands on..

CPU: Threading is the main target for Vista. Currently, very little of Windows XP is threaded - the target is to make Vista perform far better on dual-core and multi-core processors.

Since there are no dual core 32bit processor that I know of.. 64bit looks to be the way to go.. I dont know if HT counts..

The processor runs at 1.6ghz, yes, but that is equivalent to a 2.8 Celeron D. If you dont knwo waht you are talking about, please dont say anything, You are an idiot.

Vista requires alot, I know, this is a budget PC for now, until I can afford some more things for it. Currently I am running XP PRo SP2 on a Celeron 600 with 384 PC133 ram....and taht runs fine. you people think you have to have THEEE best things to run new stuff, NO, you just have to know how to manage it.

Swimmer - Thanks for that info!