Can't delete

Inde

I tried to download the new BF2 patch (for a PC game). It only downloaded a tiny portion of the file. Now I am trying to delete it and I get the error message:

"Error Deleting File or Folder

Cannot delte bf2_patch_103: It is being used by another person or program.

Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."

Nothing is running. Especially anything running that could be using that file. I opened up my task manager and closed all programs under my user name. Still doesn't work. I have to be able to delete this file in order to get the whole new file to download. Or else it thinks its still there and won't download the entire file.

Anyone know how to get rid of this thing?

This always worked for me:

Open Task Manager and end explorer.exe

Then go to the Applications tab in task manager and click on the new task button.. Type cmd in there. Then browse to the directory where the file is (with the command cd *directory name*).. After going to the directory type "dir" (without quotes) and then del "filename" .. Then you can go into task manager again and in the new task field, type explorer.. The file should be deleted now :)

And if you used IE to download that file, close Internet Explorer before doing the explorer end task thing and going to the command line to delete it :D

Try this program if the method above does not work :D - Delinv

I was able to delete it. Before all I did was restart my computer and that didn't work. This time I had to completely shut it down and then turn it back on. It fixed the problem. I'm not sure why it didn't work before.

Thanks for the help guys.