Do you ever admit your a geek?

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

I came to town for a couple of months and spending time with my kids and my father in law. They all live in the same town. My kids have decided to tell there friends and such I know some about computer. OHHHhhhhh my goodness. I have spent more time chained to a desk fixing this problem and that problem and explaing thigs for everyone I would be a rich man if I was not such a nice guy and helped thoes out that needed me for free. Its so strange.Half the people think that a problem can be fixed with a few mouse clicks and poof its all better. Or the other half run it to a computer shop and pay big bucks for a simple reload of windows. So the moral of this story is this. In the non internet world I know nothing about computers and when people say "whats a firewall" or I have nortons anti virus software I am super safe. I no longer laugh...or act shocked. I keep my mouth shut walk away and then I giggle. I am burned out on fixing other peoples computers.....Peace all......will travel back this way if and when time allows.........

Im a geek, so waht? lol..........

all of my buddies that have these new PC's always have problems.......and they call me just because i do info security/info appicatoins at a world wide global company called Timken, they think im like.......a genius when it comes to computers.......

yes, every morning when i grab my aluminum Cisco briefcase & the usual handful of cd-roms, it is almost screaming out GEEK to the masses, but it is all good with me, i admit it & dont really mind because most 'geeks' i've met have been real cool.

This I.T. job was never planned, one day i helped the bossman with a minor problem on his Packie-Bell 386 & the usual & common "you're a GENIUS~!" we all hear in the trade launched me to a new living. I didn't mind fixing/helping people with their machines until i started this job. Now, it seems all that i ever do is fix computers, it is rare that i answer my phone after work    :twisted: :twisted:

-JxL

it's just sad how at some point there is always the oh no not again moment when the umpteenth person comes up with the same problem and you have to explain something basic all over again.

working IT could be so nice, if it weren't for the users.

and yes, i do admit i'm a geek. sometimes reluctantly, but even so.