Program Too Big To Fit In Memory

Kakwakas

OK, I'm gonna be plaguing you guys for a while with my hellish comp's problems. I'll start with this one...

Whenever I try to install something with an installer over something like 20 MB, it will refuse to run and will give me a command prompt saying "Program too big to fit in memory."

This happens with many installers, so it's not a corrupted file.

I've ran Spybot S&D, Adaware, and AVG, so it's not a virus.

Usuallly when I attempt this I have around 700 MB of RAM free, so it really CAN fit in that.

I'm running WinXP.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

well.....im just in process of getting my major in CSE - but, i think that could be the case when you computer might be infected with a virus (i dont wanna be childish and blame it all on viruses but that might be the case) - or maybe, i've encountered few of those when windows was not able to handle the page file properly...this would happen when the windows file was not flexible enough to carry out its functions (it being hardcoded if you like) - what might correct your issue is setting your windows page file size to something like 512mb, 256mb (and makeing sure you have that much space where the page file is allocated) depending on how much ram you have available

well.....im just in process of getting my major in CSE - but' date=' i think that could be the case when you computer might be infected with a virus (i dont wanna be childish and blame it all on viruses but that might be the case) - or maybe, i've encountered few of those when windows was not able to handle the page file properly...this would happen when the windows file was not flexible enough to carry out its functions (it being hardcoded if you like) - what might correct your issue is setting your windows page file size to something like 512mb, 256mb (and makeing sure you have that much space where the page file is allocated) depending on how much ram you have available[/quote']

I have 894 MB of useable RAM (128 going to an onboard graphics card).

My page file size is currently at 831... Should be fine. o-o

It's happening with many installers, and no I didn't use a download manager. I've tried downloading them multiple times and I always get the same error. I'm willing to try again in a minute here, though.

I had that problem once, couldnt fix it, i tried everything, restore cachememory and swapfile as windowsdefult, scandisk u name it... nothing helped but a reformat

Now i got several partitions and 2 hardrives so i try to keep important things on other partitions then c:

also i got Norton ghost, so much faster then reinstalling windows :)

I learned that after around 100 reformats

:lol:

VanBuren :)