Free Ram XP Pro'

monsnet2k8

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rayray909; You could just use FreeRAM XP Pro  to free RAM set the other  2 not to free RAM or just a minumum amount so you can use their other features.I like Mpower 's CPU use on the active window bar & it has a benchmark tool.Cacheman like its name lets you adjust cache settings & RAM free is just one of its features If set to its minimums it will not try to free RAM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

rayray909: I decided to reinstall  FreeRAM XP Pro  & uninstall MPower just to see if I liked it better.

So far they seem about equal. I have found that having 2 RAM freeing program at once seem to conflict with each other.Unless you just  diasable a lot in one of them .If you do that then why have it installed .So I like to run one at a time. With the exception of Cacheman which does other things I just turn its RAM freeing functions down so they never free RAM & let the other program do it.

I'm not completely sure, but that reg hack looks like it disables your paging/swap file. That isn't really a good idea, especially if you usually end up using more memory than you have installed. Having a very small paging file and a good amount of physical memory would help your computer work faster though.

I'm not completely sure, but that reg hack looks like it disables your paging/swap file. That isn't really a good idea, especially if you usually end up using more memory than you have installed. Having a very small paging file and a good amount of physical memory would help your computer work faster though.

You are right' but i rather have those heavy to load programs load faster'  once i click on anything it loads super fast..

And why isn't this reply edited??? No different then what I posted. It's your PC and does not belong to testmy or rent-a-centre. I can inform many of you on how to get away with $h*t and It Is your PC, you bought it, paid for it and it it yours. That syntax I posted was from another forum (which is public) open information; perhaps it's time for change.

TheHalf

Looks down and scratches head thinking' ( what is he talking about? )

And why isn't this reply edited??? No different then what I posted. It's your PC and does not belong to testmy or rent-a-centre. I can inform many of you on how to get away with $h*t and It Is your PC, you bought it, paid for it and it it yours. That syntax I posted was from another forum (which is public) open information; perhaps it's time for change.

TheHalf