adelphia in puerto rico

:roll: I got that problem 1 day too. "I got 2 ips in the same time". To solve this problem you need to disconnect the modem and wait 30min for the resetting of the original 70.X ip

I called one day because of that problem. And the tech guy was .. WTF you have a weird IP in the log too. :lol:

Sigh*  I remember the old days of adelphia (the beginning) was all paradise.

BTW anyone that please tell me were I can test the noise/attenuation of my line?  (a site test)

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, there are still problems and they haven't fixed them yet. when are they gonna stop fooling around with the systems and leave the pipeline alone? they are trying to control the bandwidth and people still think the p2p or bt is responsible for their problems lol

you gotta realize the problems start when there aren't many servers around or are badly configured. whoever thinks the p2p and bt is responsible needs to think again. that's why they had to stop restricting the p2p ports for whatever apps people use, because that wasn't the problems. like the guy said, when they stopped restricting or playing with the ports, everything was top notch, no packet loss or anything. now they've started playing again and everything is fouled up.

we gotta call the onelink techies to force them to stop fooling around with the network because we guys are getting royally pissed off.

:?

i called many times since i noticed this speed drop off on P2P and Torrent, the party line is the torrent and p2p are illegal downloads and they are trying to control them, i work on a radio station so we did a piece on them and no one wanted to go on the record with a official statement. i called as a private client and a guy told me the are doing test and it was only one day, when i know its BS cause i've tried to DL from demonoid that uses encrypted torrents and the highest speed its 5.5 k with 225 seeds

the interesting thing i have noticed is that when the service goes flaky and i release and renew the wan ips on my router i get no ip at all or an ip without a connection. in some cases i get nan ip that is not from the 70.x.x.x range onelink uses but one that is from the 169.x.x.x range adelphia used to have. that tells me that the local dhcp is off the net and for some reason the dhcp requests by the modem are gotting bumped to miami where they get an adelphia ip.

the latest info i have is still that the local net is fine and from all things going on it seems ok as long as they are not rearranging things while they are still trying to get a hookup in miami that doesn't get overloaded during peak hours. any time the link is slow the slowdown is still only visible on pings and traceroutes at or after the miami hops.

169.* are privates IP's and not adelphia IP's. The old adelphia range of IP's was 69.* not 169.

The IP address you are being given (169.*) is the Microsoft default when a machine is told to acquire its settings from the DHCP service but cannot locate (in a timely fashion) a provider for the service.

well, im breaking records for this time during the evening.. over 100kB/s .. go onelinkpr!

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1059 Kbps about 1.1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 129 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server1)

Test Time:: Tue Jan 24 2006 20:30:05 GMT-0400 (SA Western Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 19X faster than 56K 1MB download in 7.94 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 47.11 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-T27ZBA4UW

Vroom Vroom! *waits for the modem carrier to drop at any time* heheh

Pings to www.google.com (64.233.179.104) averaging around 180ms, loss on some *.adelphiacom.net ... surprise!

well, im breaking records for this time during the evening.. over 100kB/s .. go onelinkpr!

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1059 Kbps about 1.1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 129 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server1)

Test Time:: Tue Jan 24 2006 20:30:05 GMT-0400 (SA Western Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 19X faster than 56K 1MB download in 7.94 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 47.11 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-T27ZBA4UW

Vroom Vroom! *waits for the modem carrier to drop at any time* heheh

Pings to www.google.com (64.233.179.104) averaging around 180ms, loss on some *.adelphiacom.net ... surprise!

wat r ur advertised speeds?

unpainted: they are definitely controlling p2p and bittorrent bandwidth. after reading some posts here, what's worse they make you shell out $60 for a half-assed internet service AND restricting the p2p and bittorrent. like someone here said, they are "experimenting". if they "experiment"  any longer i'm taking my business to the competition.

they are controlling the p2p and torrent today they told me "we opened all our ports and closed udp". i cant even DL a song from ares. i don't have a phone line what other options i have for broadband, we have to do something we cant let them get away away with this crap. I've been trying to get a torrent for the last 2 days no luck, the highest speed is 10k its ridiculous. the other cheap ass excuse they gave me its that the router is blocking speeds when i had this router since i started with powerlink

yeah. it's obvious now, after what you said, that they ARE blocking ports. bittorrent specifically needs tcp and udp ports open; if one of them is closed (particularly udp) then your download speeds (and uploads) will suck, which is what's happening now.

they're being pretty gay about this, and it's pissing me off. we're paying $60/month for crappy service that craps out even more when they start tweaking sh*t.

what we need to do is ask to be given a credit for each time the service fouled up and we couldn't use the internet. in fact, we should ask to be given a credit for the nights the service has been giving us problems, which has been the last few nights.

and what's worse, people here still believe the whole problem comes from miami.

people: the problem is not with the miami line, the problem is with the techies and how, when they start blocking ports (tcp and udp) the lines get fouled up and the bandwidth suffers. i mean, they're blocking too much stuff, and this is what makes the line suffer (during the day, afternoon and well into the night).

when you guys call the techies, ask to speak to the supervisor in charge. and ask to be given the credit. this will make them think twice about "experimenting" with the lines again and making us the clients suffer for it.

OK]Ok i just talked with some techies in ONELINKPR about if you have a problem with certain games like BF2 with always appearing message "HAVING PROBLMES WITH CONNECTION" they told me about the router if a have one connected i told them yes and it appears that my router is a lynksys but this is not the problem i asked them about there blocking ports for p2p and they told me some ports that are being blocked no all of are being blocked of what they say. Any way one thing they  told me is to play servers for BF2 in area like Europe or servers in Germany and i tried, it appears to have a good connection but still have the same problems in other servers. the only thing that the techies in ONELINKPR says is that theres problems with latency and packet loss but the problem doesn't affect because of the ports that are being blocked still they say is Miami the problem YYYYYEEEAAA RIGHT !!!!!! one of them even told me that they are monitoring the connections for p2p and that really concerned me because of my privacy isn't that illegal or what ???? Anyway if you have any comments do so for this situation on Puerto Rico ONELINK there's alot of mysteries in this new company is pathetic!!!!

OK]Ok i just talked with some techies in ONELINKPR about if you have a problem with certain games like BF2 with always appearing message "HAVING PROBLMES WITH CONNECTION" they told me about the router if a have one connected i told them yes and it appears that my router is a lynksys but this is not the problem i asked them about there blocking ports for p2p and they told me some ports that are being blocked no all of are being blocked of what they say. Any way one thing they  told me is to play servers for BF2 in area like Europe or servers in Germany and i tried, it appears to have a good connection but still have the same problems in other servers. the only thing that the techies in ONELINKPR says is that theres problems with latency and packet loss but the problem doesn't affect because of the ports that are being blocked still they say is Miami the problem YYYYYEEEAAA RIGHT !!!!!! one of them even told me that they are monitoring the connections for p2p and that really concerned me because of my privacy isn't that illegal or what ???? Anyway if you have any comments do so for this situation on Puerto Rico ONELINK there's alot of mysteries in this new company is pathetic!!!!

Is not illegal , read the agreedment , the one that you didnt read. well the one that nobody reads.

wow after reading all the new posts.. I was mad when there was a slowdown on adelphia for like 1 week, the conecction was a lil slow,

but now i prefer having that 100000000x than being on the company that bought adelphia.

and the big problem is that if they go out of Puerto Rico, what would it be for us??? 1 year contracts of DSL and Centennial... just great for

the metro area... =

right now i got the money to pay PL but im not going to suscribe again for this. i waited 3 months to get another good deal of 3 months of low price and then normal pricing.

No PL for me for now.... =.... 56k owns Puerto Rico :D