adelphia in puerto rico

Yes your signals looks very good, downstream levels optimal is 0dbmV but with temperature changes and fluctuations it varies so ur near 0 and that is ok, 46dbmV in upstream is almost perfect since you are trying to get to 48dbmV

thanks mate! ... but all this and Adelphia still sucks monkey balls. :(

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe our problems is the routers from adelphia, look here http://www.dslreports.com/badrouters....  wonder when they gonna fix it or just eliminate them....

talked to tech. no dice. they don't know what the deal is yet. i hope they lose adelphia asap and hook up with another provider in miami. soon!!!!!

btw, anyone here figured out how to use their webmailer by logging on directly in the url instead of typing it into the logon page every time? as in webmail.onlinkpr.net/user/pass or something of the kind? there was a trick for that with the adelphia webmailer which let you save an url in favorites to avoid manual login...

and have you also had spam in the account before even opening it the first time?

yesterday I call them after experiencing several dropout from Xbox LIVE, and guess what...they say the famous "Every thing is fine" thing. They are telling me that my router is a problem and that I should try connecting the modem directly....& I did (connect the modem to my laptop). The speedtest give me the same result...& the technician keep insisting the same thing "Every thing is fine".

I will have to call them again......so that they can arrange for a technician visit to my house to see whats the problem

DON'T EVEN BATHER CALLING FOR TECH COMING TO YOUR HOUSE THE REAL PROBLEM IS THAT THEY STILLL WITH ADELPHIA CONNECTION AND THE TRANSITION IS NOT COMPLETE THAT INFORMATION FROM A FRIEND THAT WORKS THERE AND HE TOLD ME THIS SHOULD BE FIXED BETWEEN 2 WEEKS AT LEAST. WE ARE ONLY GETTING CONNECTIONS FROM 2 SERVER FOR THE WHOLE f***ING METROPOLITAN AREA THATS WHY OF SLOW PINGS  AND LOSS SO BE PATIENT.

Thanks dude for warning me.....I will not ask for tech visit.

but only 2 servers providing connecting....how is this possible when onelink advertises that they have 22,000+ subscribers to powerlink. I dont think 2 servers can handle that load, but then again....the QoS had been really bad for the past month. and now 2 more weeks....damm.

they aren't moving any servers anywhere. afaik all the infrastructure was purchased by san juan cable including the offices employess servers etc. etc. etc. the 2 servers that are serving the powerlink service sound like what adelphia (the us one, which is btw also in a transition phase to a buyer) is using to provide service for the island from miami. which is why pings go to hell once they hit miami. from what i've seen the pr side of the net is actually ticking over smoothly.

I called Onelinkpr's tech support, earlier. I asked when they were going to finally finish the transition from Adelphia to Onelink, and why not increase the server farm (2 servers) from many others and uncapping the bandwidth. The techie asked how I got a hold of such confidential information, and then asked for my phone # to see if I had any problems with my line. Obviously he was looking to jot something down on my account. I of course didn't provide it. When I asked why the techie's own Powerlink connections were uncapped (in their homes) he said: "It is a privilege for us to have unrestricted and complete access to the bandwidth.

Wow is that for true? That person was rude! The calls aren't monitored so they can talk like that.  :angry5:

Btw I think they can't have full access to the bandwidth. They are employees nothing more. They uncap there lines are another story. IMO

So when they ask for the phone number is to write or see if you have illegal activities done? and write bad comments?

Wow is that for true? That person was rude! The calls aren't monitored so they can talk like that.  :angry5:

Btw I think they can't have full access to the bandwidth. They are employees nothing more. They uncap there lines are another story. IMO

So when they ask for the phone number is to write or see if you have illegal activities done? and write bad comments?

My friend i don't think so is just to see your account in the screen and wright what they talked about these is a protocol. They won't ask your for the acc. number because is too long just the phone number to access your account and wright a tickler just that. Theres nothing to be afraid of!!!

7:35 am

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 4064 Kbps about 4.1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 496 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server2)

Test Time:: Fri Feb 03 2006 07:34:56 GMT-0400 (SA Western Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 73X faster than 56K 1MB download in 2.06 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 84.22 % faster than the average for host (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-L6V1KEUOB

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 3425 Kbps about 3.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 418 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server2)

Test Time:: Fri Feb 3 16:09:14 UTC-0400 2006

Bottom Line:: 61X faster than 56K 1MB download in 2.45 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 55.05 % faster than the average for host (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-FJQ817V29

I wish it were at least like this all day long

We are still in someway part of Adelphia HSI (Powerlink). for proof, check ur onelink webmail where a mail from Adelphia for it HSI customer warning users for a virus is sent to our (onelink customers).

I dont know what is going to be happening in this transition, since we are in someway still part of Adelphia.....and I think we will be till March 2006.