adelphia in puerto rico

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday night

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 2390 Kbps about 2.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 292 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server1)

Test Time:: Fri Feb 3 23:49:25 UTC-0400 2006

Bottom Line:: 43X faster than 56K 1MB download in 3.51 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 8.34 % faster than the average for host (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-TAB2RDH3Y

frankly i don't understand the obsession with the amount of servers onelink is supposed to be running. even if it were just one server, all it would do is authentication and dhcp. if at all. onelink doesn't host the web. the web is hosted on millions of servers all over the globe. that is why routing is such an important issue. the routing equipment an isp has to get onto the major backbones (and in this case the bottleneck getting onto just such a backbone) is what influences the quality of service.

one thing can be that the miami routers are so heavily loaded that they take a short time to respond to a ping request while routing the ping request packets through rather quickly. (routing is faster than replying to the ping) the latency on a normal connection then comes from the fact that while some ping packets get pushed through quickly the much larger data volume from the connection of course gets slowed up by the bottleneck.

ok, TheSavior. i just got off the phone and asked about online gaming as well (i play WoW too) and they said online gaming is approached at the same way as with p2p/bittorrent.

they've limited bandwidth for online gaming as well stating that "online gaming takes too much bandwidth and is second to p2p/bittorrent". dude, what the hell :-/

ok, TheSavior. i just got off the phone and asked about online gaming as well (i play WoW too) and they said online gaming is approached at the same way as with p2p/bittorrent.

they've limited bandwidth for online gaming as well stating that "online gaming takes too much bandwidth and is second to p2p/bittorrent". dude, what the hell :-/

CAN'T be true. They can not block ANY port or restring online gaming. Or else I'm gonna be $$! On the adverts are clearly posted (play game online, download music, video, etc) .... ohhh boy .... DACO time! :mad2:

What the hell is that, "online gaming takes too much bandwidth" .... I DO WITH MY F* CONNECTION WATHER I WHANT (that not are stipulated in the agreement)! WTF!

Already a LOT of people are dropping/canceling their contract. I suggest YOU (all) do the same thing. We need to demonstrate that we are the customers, we deserves respect, and how we can fight? NOT getting their service. They will get hurt financially, where they hurt must.

This is my last month with onelinkcrap.  :evil3:JOIN THE PROTEST! :evil3:

get the avatar here: http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/7162/adelphia42nh.jpg

first, under the terms of use it says no illegal shit. most torrent/p2p falls under that, so what's the problem.

(and don'[t start crying about how you need to download at least 3 linux distros daily to get your fix. if you use linux half the time the machine is messed up or recompiling some crap so you can't use the net anyhow)

second, the online gaming thing is interesting. that will be something to keep an eye on.

third, why are they being so rude? probably because they are acting like any other company and especially any other public service provider in puerto rico. they overcharge, the service sucks, and customers that demand a fix get barked at.

third, maybe the techs are also just as fed up with the decisions management has made, the planning mistakes management has made and are taking it out on the customers.

i am not happy about the situation either but i also know that the usual runaroundwiththeirheadslodgedfirmlyuptheirfourthpointofcontacttime here is pretty long, so i'm just gonna wait.

as for daco achieving anything, dont't make me laugh. even if they do get it together long enough to figure out the problem the fines they can issue are laughable. i know people that will gladly eat the daco fine and keep right on trucking because it's still more profitable to take the fine and carry on than to fix the problem.

first, under the terms of use it says no illegal sh*t. most torrent/p2p falls under that, so what's the problem.

(and don'[t start crying about how you need to download at least 3 linux distros daily to get your fix. if you use linux half the time the machine is messed up or recompiling some crap so you can't use the net anyhow)

second, the online gaming thing is interesting. that will be something to keep an eye on.

third, why are they being so rude? probably because they are acting like any other company and especially any other public service provider in puerto rico. they overcharge, the service sucks, and customers that demand a fix get barked at.

third, maybe the techs are also just as fed up with the decisions management has made, the planning mistakes management has made and are taking it out on the customers.

i am not happy about the situation either but i also know that the usual runaroundwiththeirheadslodgedfirmlyuptheirfourthpointofcontacttime here is pretty long, so i'm just gonna wait.

as for daco achieving anything, dont't make me laugh. even if they do get it together long enough to figure out the problem the fines they can issue are laughable. i know people that will gladly eat the daco fine and keep right on trucking because it's still more profitable to take the fine and carry on than to fix the problem.

troll by nature? I'm starting to think that.

FIRST: Where I talk about p2p/torrent crap?

SECOND: They can't block gaming ports. Or mess with (us) the gamers.

THIRD: I read the agreements/term of usage the first day I got the service.

FORTH: They can be rude BECAUSE they AREN'T been monitored. They can talk crap all they want. I do to them if they start. I wish their call be monitored so they can STFU already. (if all this rude thing is true)

FIFTH: I can go to DACO if I want to, or you are my mentor? I see you are those peoples that are "CONFORMISTAS", or don't FIGHT for their rights. You don't sound 100% puertorrican. We here fight for our rights and seek justice one way or another.

This is my last month with onelinkcrap.  :evil3:JOIN THE PROTEST! :evil3:

get the avatar here: http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/7162/adelphia42nh.jpg

IF WHAT YOU WROTE ISN'T RELATED DIRECTLY TO ME -> I'M SORRY (but I see you are flaming this thread with that)

I even tried emailing them to [email protected] so I could email them the tracert with pingplotter which is a program that makes a graph of packet loss and hops but look what I got yay!!

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, because the message was forwarded more than the maximum allowed times. This could indicate a mail loop.

[email protected]

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]

Action: failed

They still with adelphia in their email my god those guys really do blow.... :haha:

I wonder how the internet is in those booths that they have in the malls around, look how fast powerlink is and when you get home with your sweet internet kit you get screwed

and I see the DATA led of the modem NOT (always) blinking. Like all our modems ..... weird stuff. They told me that it isn't a scanner, that is a "new" way to have always on internet.