adelphia in puerto rico

true but you have to look for the greater good, either you download full speed and no one can download or no one can download and everyone can actually USE their connections?

This situation should not have begun in the first place proper planning should've taken place, but we know it didn't now we have to wait.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true but you have to look for the greater good, either you download full speed and no one can download or no one can download and everyone can actually USE their connections?

This situation should not have begun in the first place proper planning should've taken place, but we know it didn't now we have to wait.

i dont have a problem with a temporary blocking of ports for the reasons you mentioned above. But if this stuff is permanent...

I HIGHLY doubt it's full time. IF they cap and I repeat IF they cap, they will only cap the maximum upload to avoid filling up the whole upload channel and slowing everything down.  Don't quote me on this.  :angry9:

I mean it would be SUICIDE to do this and no company (who excepts revenue) will try to do this.  Now I hope they go after abusive users and users who are uploading huge amounts of data a month etc.  Sure it's your connection but when it stops being use and becoming abuse?

Hope when they rework the TOS everything is clear.

well when you're being overcharged for a service..i think you should have some liberties...

i forgot which state right now, I think Virginia or something, Anyways they have 15mbps for $47 a month for a unrestricted line...

so yeah..i think we're being overcharged

if they cap uploads to much...gamers are not gonna be too happy(myself included)

we must differentiate between abusers and regular p2p/bittorrenters.

abusers: people who uncapped their modems and left their bittorrent programs downloading crap 24/7.

regular users: people who use bittorrent (can do it 24/7 too) but know how to manage their download/upload so as not to become abusive by hogging the bandwidth.

as for their changes, ISPs must recognize the internet isn't merely used for web browsing and e-mail. blocking or limiting ports is detrimental to their clients.

they blocking or limiting p2p and bittorrent doesn't justify charging $50 a pop just for web browsing or e-mail. i can get dsl for cheaper if i only wanted to use that. the point shouldn't be they just blocking or limiting crap exclusively, but recognizing we are overpaying for their broadband if they'll permanently limit or block p2p and bittorrent. that is not good business. onelinkpr's heading down the crapper with no one to help it back up if they keep walking down that road...

imnsho they blocked p2p and torrents because the majority of the people using it use it to steal copyrighted material. geeks that want to dl the latest linux distros with a torrent are just sol, but then they are sol due to their choice of os anyhow.

i agree that it sucks that to prevent illegal downloading all torrenting and p2p hs to be killed, but that's the way it is. thanks again, all you thieves out there.

just got off the phone with onelinkprs tech support.

the tech guy was a fricking prick. i asked why online gaming was so slow and he nearly barked at me saying "because we are limiting online gaming for the time being. we don't need to be constantly questioned about this and they're planning on announcing it on onelink's phone voice recordings while you wait, to avoid having to explain to online gamers why their games are slow for the moment".

this crap is seriously pissing me off.

I just called, they told me that there is a problem with latency and that it's being worked on, and that P2P are temporarily throttled but that that for now that is the direction that the company is taking and that they don't know for sure when they will be unblocked.

c'mon don't make stuff up.

I just called, they told me that there is a problem with latency and that it's being worked on, and that P2P are temporarily throttled but that that for now that is the direction that the company is taking and that they don't know for sure when they will be unblocked.

c'mon don't make stuff up.

the tech guy actually blurted it to my face: "we are not pleased with online gaming". this seriously needs to be remedied, and their attitudes need to be checked.

first p2p and bittorrent, now online gaming? on top of that the guy went so far as to say onelink has reduced bandwidth usage by 12% since limiting the online gaming ports!

so limiting p2p, bittorrent and online games is the direction the company's taking? onelink is definitely heading down the crapper.....

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 693 Kbps about 0.7 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 85 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server2)

Test Time:: Mon Feb 06 2006 22:19:26 GMT-0400 (SA Western Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 12X faster than 56K 1MB download in 12.05 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 31.64 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-XUKRNVY47

:whaa: :whaa: :angry5::cry:

Ok, since this is my last month and I don't know if I have some more times free (a lot of work now) let me express my feeling about all this situation.

Let me start saying and "asking". We have a Term of use? Because the links are dead! So they are changing it, I swear that this is illegal IF they complete/partial change them and don't said/ask if the user agreed to them. That's an official ILLEGAL thing to do. If they are only changing the name adelphia to craplink that's ok.

Then, WTF is all this blocking crap/excuse? OTHERS ISP (outside PR, in USA territory) have a BETTER -> MUCH BETTER services + LOW -> EXTREMELY LOW prices + UNCAPED + RELIABLE. So .... WTF with this NAZI shit? I'm out of my patience. They are crossing the lines of the extreme crap services of all time.

They are fixing things? SO TELL it on a recorded message in the phone, SEND CORDIAL EMAILS, make it public, write it on the BILL, DO [censored] something!!!! Not be so prick and "make" seen things are ok. THERE IS A PROBLEM, INFORM THEM TO THE CUSTOMERS! GOD!!

Finally. Guys ..... bittorent is used by A LOT of websites to distribute their GAME DEMOS, FREE SOFTWARE, DISTROS, ETC! You remember when all (90% to make it fair) websites that have GAME DEMOS were FREE to download and you have uncapped downloads, Times have changed to worst. Now 99% of all websites have a subscription service, capped/queue lines, so to make it worst GAME DEMOS now days are 500mb to 1GB to download. Some of them to make it faster AND free, use BT. This way they use all user bw and download "faster", than free capped services.

So what now? NO NEWGROUPS, CAPPED UPLOAD, BLOCKED PORTS, BAD SERVICE, COKY TECHs, ... list goes on and on. ALL this for a fabulous $56 DOLARS @ MONTH! GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT they are learning from the govern, GIVE LESS, PAY MORE!

One thing, they will charge now (don't know if they were in one time charging) for activation of powercrap service.

I don't be surprised if they up the bill to $60. I know some here will be ... bla that's nothing bill me more! I, can't/don't.

Let's go back in time were Adelphia Powerlink was something. All was paradise, connection was reliable, speeds, friendly techs, etc. GOD WHY GOD you make this HELL broke loose. :haha:

Sorry if I miss a point. I will ad/edit more if I have the time. AND PLEASE THIS IS MY OPINION -> IMO! peace out.

So there are no other options out that for isps? Somebody has to have some dsl, or dare I say it you could get satelite, maybe you should just get dial up save a load of money be happy with a dialup provider. That sucks that they have you locked into contracts, but if mine were ending soon I'd look for a different option before signing up again.

JAJAJAJAJAJA!!!! THIS IS VERY FUNNY. REALLY IT MAKES ME FEEL IN MY DMAX DAYS AM SO HAPPY NOW !!!!!!

www.broadbandsupport.net

Your current bandwidth reading is:

234.60kbps

which means you can download at 29.33 KB/sec. from our servers.

robocop,

you couldn't have put it better. the company is raping your wallet while giving you less.

some onelinkpr enthusiasts here want you to be satisfied with what onelinkpr is giving you. they expect people to keep paying $50 for poor service. some of the techies seem friendly while saying the same crap over and over: "it's either your router or your modem. let's check your modem, first unplug it, and plug it. do you see the lights blinking? etc. all is fine over here". then if you keep asking about what they're doing, why they're throttling p2p, bittorrent and online gaming, they turn into pricks.

all is not fine.

i agree with everything you've said so far. you couldn't have put it better.