adelphia in puerto rico

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An interesting article I found today on Slyck.com (a popular website dedicated to file sharing.) about ISPs bandwidth throttling and BitTorrent encryption. The article entails that BitTorrent developers are working to ensure a better BitTorrent experience for users who

So there are no other options out that for isps? Somebody has to have some dsl, or dare I say it you could get satelite, maybe you should just get dial up save a load of money be happy with a dialup provider. That sucks that they have you locked into contracts, but if mine were ending soon I'd look for a different option before signing up again.

there are a few. but the other cable provider has problems too (from what i have heard, granted, it was only from 2 customers) and the dsl isn't all that great either. the local telco's dsl is bad, their service is bad, their phone techs don't know squat, and it is basically the same as any other service here in pr, they shaft the customers as much as possible. now with the adelphia -> onelink transition one can only hope they get it rectified soon.

on another note, i wonder if it isn't adelphia us that is blockingh the torrents/p2p and supposedly gaming ports. i don't think that there is any blocking of gaming going on at all though, the connection is just so laggy that it's impossible to play decently.

My only complain is that if something is not working properly on Onelink side, why the hell they are not informing us, they service subscribers. They have our emails id....is it so difficult for them to send is a email telling us that they are having this and this problem, they expect it to be resolved by this and this date and they are sorry for any speed inconvinence caused due to it.

And icing on the cake...I got a letter from Onelink yesterday...saying that the downloads are 4MB from Jan 18.

Please...onelink.....free some bandwidth in the evening.......unblock LIVE....so people can play without getting LAG or worst...DC from server.

My only complain is that if something is not working properly on Onelink side, why the hell they are not informing us, they service subscribers. They have our emails id....is it so difficult for them to send is a email telling us that they are having this and this problem, they expect it to be resolved by this and this date and they are sorry for any speed inconvinence caused due to it.

And icing on the cake...I got a letter from Onelink yesterday...saying that the downloads are 4MB from Jan 18.

Please...onelink.....free some bandwidth in the evening.......unblock LIVE....so people can play without getting LAG or worst...DC from server.

what a coinkidink...I got the same letter... I was drinking a sprite when I read it...and I just spit my sprite on the paper laughing

by Feb 12 all problems should be fixed , right now half of the servers are from Onelink which are working perfectly fine ,but half of the servers are adelphiacom , those are giving packet loss and speed problems. you must wait , the transition is not over yet.

Well if that so how come when i png a local website in Puerto Rico are so high like 285ms ?????? Even worse, ping outside. 

*sighs*

onelinkpr makes me wanna go postal. :evil:

still can't play battlefield 2... i could with dsl... now with cable modem i can play for 2 hours.. then i have to wait a day or 2... then pings get normal... and cycle goes on... :angry5:

*farts*...

oh...

lookie...the TV...

*runs away from computer* :?

You couldn't put it better Robocop!  Onelink started with the left foot.  Maybe they have problem and they're trying to fix them.  Fine!!!!  But, why they don't tell that to the customers?  Why they keep charging us $50 for a service that doesn't work?  Any company would give u a credit if their service didn't worked...  But NO!  Onelink is special!  This is the beggining...  Im sure that in a couple of months (or weeks!), they will send us a letter with new prices (higher) for the same crappy services...  Ill start to look at the PRTC/DirectTV packages..  Do the same!

hey. what is your current speed test @ this hour?

i'm @ Cupey. check this bullsh*t out. lolz.

Your connection is:  401  Kbps      (about 0.4 Mbps)

You downloaded at: 49 kB/s

Your TRuSPEED: ^info^ 429 Kbps :: 52 kB/s (7% overhead factored)

Bottom Line: You are running: 7 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 20.9 second(s)

Diagnosis: ^info^ May need help : running at only 18.34 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

-----------------------

and it's way better than earlier. lolz.

*whistles*

*coughs* DACO Class Action against OneLinkPr Communications. *coughs*

*whistles*

*coughs* new thread, let's do this *coughs*

*whistles*

*coughs*do it*coughs*

------------------------

I mean. wth... look at it this way... we are paying for one of most fastest services in this god-forbidden island, and he aren't even getting a 50% promised-speed time? so not cool. not moral, not cost-effective to us customers/consumers, AND even not cooler to all those gamers out there that i am missing the oportunity of taking their lives away over and over, ganking their asses like the no0bs that they are... *sighs*

happy happy joy joy!!

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 406 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 50 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server1)

Test Time:: Tue Feb 07 2006 21:13:43 GMT-0400 (SA Western Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB download in 20.48 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 18.58 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-RQP2FGSYD