adelphia in puerto rico

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1569 Kbps about 1.6 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 191 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (main)

Test Time:: 2006/03/06 - 9:47am

Bottom Line:: 28X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.36 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 77.9 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-6584RGUED

i dont get how it could be "fixed" and yet look at that... oh well. If anyone calls and gets a different response today please post it

Well I called today, the rep gave me some crap about my problems being imaginary becuase everything was peachy on his side , and that there were no reason why my service sucked for a the past couple of months, he only admitted having problems a few days. He said they were limiting P2P to 10 connections total, he said if I was downloading p2p that would effectively crap http also , looks like its 10 connections TOTAL no matter if its p2p or not. He was very rude and spoke to me in a condescending tone, he was hesistant to answer anything , and gave me sighs and a sarcastic tone, in a good day I would politely ask for his name then speak with his supervisor but I just decided enough is enough ...he offered having a techie come by and check that my hardware was working properly but I said you screw that ...AND I FINALLY DID IT!!! He was fairly polite when it came to having my service cancelled which was weird but welcomed. So effective tomorrow I am no longer a slave to Onelink and let me tell you, it's beautiful, I feel like a weight has been lifted. Now I'm on the hunt for alternatives ...any suggestions?  ...I might get by for now with a cheap alternative to browsing and whatnot ..but definitely will not pay onelink 55 clams for that. Anything?

been readin few of your posts and u really sound like a troll....BTW could u share your source????

nah not a troll just sharing info i recieve from a friend in prtc/verizon who used to work for adelphia now onelink

got a friend who works for prtc/verizon she told me they were going to charge for extra bandwidth used but doesn't know yet the limit they're going to impose 

Your connection is: 701 Kbps or 0.7 Mbps

You Downloaded at: 86 kB/s

You are running: 13 times faster than 56K and can Download 1 megabyte in 11.91 second(s)

Member Ident: Username:Robocop CompID:64612570494

Test Time:: 2006/03/06 - 3:48pm

Test ID: OMF3XQJHY (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: May need help : running at only 34.81 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

This was tested from a 748 kB file and took 8.734 seconds to complete

dialup broadband!

Connection is:: 710 Kbps about 0.7 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 87 kB/s

Test Time:: 2006/03/06 - 4:01pm

Bottom Line:: 13X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 11.77 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 35.25 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-N07RGOFJK

man, cant we get a decent ISP in puerto rico? this is so frustrating

Listen people, if you are really dissatisfied with the service of Onelink and feel that you are being robbed then the best message you can send is to simply take the plunge and cancel your subscription ...if all you do is piss and moan they won't do a damn thing. After cancelling I received word that the P2P limitations is a new policy to save bandwidth and dissuade people from filesharing and this won't change unless they get a wakeup call ....the number of people that cancel their accounts must be extremely close to the amount of money they will save by limiting bandwidth. If a good number of customers don't cancel they have no reason to change , no reason at all. THE ONLY WAY IS TO CANCEL! ...now if you can live with paying 55 clams for this service then you are free to do so of course but let's stop the whinning! ...remember by giving you a crap service they are multiplying their profit !!!! they wont change this for a few who cancel and a few who call to rant.

Connection is:: 563 Kbps about 0.6 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 69 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (main)

Test Time:: 2006/03/06 - 4:45pm

Bottom Line:: 10X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 14.84 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 27.98 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

With all this crap connection I decide to call the [censored]ers. So @ ~18 minutes of wait. I have introduced to a [censored] moron assistant. This is the resume of the call:

[censored]er ass assistant:

Hi, thanks for calling craplink. My name is [censored] [censored] ... bla bla bla

me:

Yes I'm calling because I'm having a terrible SLOW connection. I don't know ir there is a problem in my area or my conection is damaged.

Ok, please tell me your telephone number.

me:

My telephone is #########

Ok, let me test the connection. .... ........ ....... (insert stupid seconds here) ..... Are you connected to a router?

me:

Yes!

Ok please connect the modem directly to the computer. Then Disconect the power and restart the computer (me in my head: ok, wtf is he smoking?)

me:

Ok, connecting direct, done, waiting for computer to restart (me in my head lol) ok, done, now im power on the modem, done. Connecting ........ ok done.

I dont see the IP. (me in my head thinking wait you [censored] monkey!) .......(insert stupid seconds) ... Ohh now I see it.

Let me test your connection. Please enter to this site: www.testmy.net

me:

(in my head: ohhhhh yes I will enter) Ok ... (insert slow coneection waiting for page to load here) ..... done ... now what (me doing of a stupid people)

Test the connection by Download test.

me:

Ok ... smart test?

Yes.

me:

Ok wait to the result. The reslt is 1.2Mbps .... ...... (me in my head HELLO?)

Ok ... thats preaty good in this hours!

me:

(in my head) WTF!!!!!!!!!

I have test it again and now is 0.6Mbps.

Yes the result may be different. But still is good

me:

Ok .. so 0.6Mbps is good? This is like modem!

No is 12 times fater than modem! .....

me:

(in my fucking head) WTF!!!!!!!

This is no good.

I see here that you have a good use of your connection. A lot of download and uplod.

me:

Mmm yes. So ...

Did you use some download P2P programs.

me:

Yes ... so ...

But right now and by some time I havent use any so my test is how it is RIGHT NOW!

Yes ... I'm not saying that the use of P2P is illegal or anything. Is that it can infect your computer by viruses and stuff.

me:

Yes, ok. I have AVAST AV updated and running all the time. Scanned all the time for trojans and spywares.

(Keep telling the same shit OVER AND OVER!)

me:

Also .. my mother have a BRAND NEW laptop and I have done the test there and the same results are given.

Yes but the computer may be infected too.

me:

(OMG this dude is on drugs!!!) Is a brand new pc. Nothing is on it appart from work stuff. NO BTs, NO P2P!

Yes but you don't know what pages your mother see.

me:

(Yes ... you are thinking the same I was thinking ... I will kill and rape this mother [censored].) But I act passive and .. tell him that this isnt the problem.

Keep telling over and over about infected computer ...

me:

Ok ..... by all this talk I have spot a nice forum here in this page (testmy) and there is a forum about adelphia in pr. I see that I'm not the only one with the problem.

PARA Q FUE ESO MI HERMANO!!!! AQUI FUE QUE EL HOMBRE TERMINO DE EXPLOTAR!!!!!

Telling BS ... over and over a lot of BS and threating me and all here about shit.

So .... be the judge. Is this assistant or some ass irresponsable person? BTW when He first pick up the phone was in a "no so good" tone. Like the last call was all hell.

I TELL YOU RIGHT NOW. END THE CONTRACT TOMORROW! THIS COMPANY WORTH ANYTHING!

Connection is:: 433 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 53 kB/s

Test Time:: 2006/03/06 - 5:19pm

Bottom Line:: 8X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 19.32 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 21.53 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

me likes! me likes!!! my computer is sooo infected that a super uber program is "taking" my connection away!! OMG PLEASE GOD! USE THE UBER MAGIC MIRROR AND RESCUE US FROM THE SUPER UBER PROGRAM THAT TAKES MY CONNECTION!!!

LOL! ASSES!

I TELL YOU RIGHT NOW. END THE CONTRACT TOMORROW! THIS COMPANY WORTH ANYTHING!

LOL, looks like you talked to the same guy as me, he pracitcally called me a liar and even had the nerve of saying that customer service reponds to calls very quickly and that I was a liar saying I would sometimes wait for as much as 40 mins without answer, he said that nobody has ever waiting that long in a call to onelink, I told him that if thats so then somebody must be ignoring my calls when they come in and he said some shit about them not being PRT and that they can't do that.

. I also told him that apparently many many people were having my exact same problem and what had he to say about that and practically told me I was full of shit and that all problems are isolated cases and different. The only thing he admitted to me was the P2P limitation.

What a jerk, he was inpolite and rude to me from the get go, the guy should get fired. I already ended my subscription and I couldn't be happier ...I might go with the $512 from DMAX

Well let me suggest to yall to call again. I called again today and had a much nicer talk.

The Repairs are done, but according to technical support my modem might have problems and theres a technician coming on wednesday. If you guys still have problems you should consider calling to see if its a technical issue on your side instead.

Well let me suggest to yall to call again. I called again today and had a much nicer talk.

The Repairs are done, but according to technical support my modem might have problems and theres a technician coming on wednesday. If you guys still have problems you should consider calling to see if its a technical issue on your side instead.

I have called. and I had a first encounter with a troll not an alien in my life.

I'm calling tomorrow to cancel, but I still dont know if I should get the DMAX 2048/512 or the Centennial ii  :?

PD, would I get a faster "instalation" from DMAX if I still have my 2Wire modem?

My dad used to have DMAX but cancalled it becuase they were getting rid of the line, but then decided not to and a couple of months later called to get DMAX back, they hooked him back up immediately and even sent him a brand spanking new modem because it was included for free.

I called for the second time today (24 mins waiting) , and yeah I spoke to another guy who was honestly quite amicable and even understanding, he told me basically what the other guy said but without the sarcasm and stupidity ...He told me the repairs were done and that they weren't seeing any problems on their side , at least that that was what the computer was telling him (which may or may no be true giving him the benefit of the doubt), he checked with his supervisor about the P2P thing and he said that it was limited and that this decision came from corporate and that all he knew was that this would not change "until further notice" ...I asked him that if everything was supposedly fixed and working 100% then why limit P2P? ....he said management decided to do this becuase people were abusing the bandwidth downloading illegal stuff. I think thats BS, not the techie , but management ...the only reason they have to do this is to save bandwidth and maintenance costs , that BS about illegal downloading is rubbish.

Anyways I called to confirm what I would have to pay for the current month since they are disconnecting me tomorrow before the end of the cycle, so tomorrow I pay my last bill with Onelink, good riddance.

Also I think they are probably "not seeing it" since they just ping the modem and do a reading of signal levels , etc .... What they are not seeing is that they are not only limiting the ammount of connections we can have simultaneously , but also we go through a packet screening process on their end thats causing all sorts of latency AND that they had some genius over there decide to completely kill UDP which affects a lot more stuff than P2P, like video and audio streaming.