adelphia in puerto rico

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes , actually your downstream levels do not bother me at all, downstream levels need to be -15 to +15 for the modem to receive the signal from the CMTS ( that is onelink signal) now what you are striving for is basically getting as close as possible to 0dbMv. Lets do this analogy ... comparing signals to light... too BRIGHT a signal meaning +15  up and it will be very difficult for the modem to see and too low -15 down and it wont see anything at all. since you are at -4dbmV is not a concern because is actually getting close to 0dbMv.

Now here comes my concern, upstream levels need to be in the +35 up to 55+ at maximum. This is the signal your modem transmit to the cable end (onelink) . So basically you have signal coming to you (DOWNSTREAM) and signal going to them (UPSTREAM).

Here is the best configuration for 2 tv's and cable modem :

You should have a 3 way splitter here. Put the modem on the 3.5db leg of the splitter, and the TVs on the 7db legs. you will see how much signal you lose on each leg by looking at the splitter. If you can give me a bit of more info on the splitters you have i'll gladly help you out.

Remember cable loses signal over distance. And I think your best setup is running the cable modem straight from the first split instead. First let me know what kind of splitters yo have and then i'll help you out.

If after this your upstream levels are not good you definitely need to call Onelink( OUCH! ) for them to fix their upstream/downstream level at their cable box that supplies to your house.

Ok I check the info on the splitter that is on the modem side (2nd splitter). The splitter is 1-120dbv and then saying 6 dbv. also 1-5000 Mhz. The name is (I think) MCR-DCR (something like that). This is a 3 way splitter. In, Out and Tap. The cable modem is connected with Out, while TV with Tap. The In is getting cable from the 1st splitter (I have to open some box in my wall to get that splitter detail (too lazy after office to do that.....will do in the weekend). Hope this info is enough for you to help me out.

After seeing the way Onelink Tech is working.....I am right now not comfortable calling them to do anything here....

Ok I check the info on the splitter that is on the modem side (2nd splitter). The splitter is 1-120dbv and then saying 6 dbv. also 1-5000 MHz. The name is (I think) MCR-DCR (something like that). This is a 3 way splitter. In, Out and Tap. The cable modem is connected with Out, while TV with Tap. The In is getting cable from the 1st splitter (I have to open some box in my wall to get that splitter detail (too lazy after office to do that.....will do in the weekend). Hope this info is enough for you to help me out.

After seeing the way Onelink Tech is working.....I am right now not comfortable calling them to do anything here....

Yes I think we are almost there, first thing I want you to do is change the cable modem from the OUT to the TAP and put the TV's in the OUT portion and then post here the numbers again.

anybody having major lag / disco problems lately?

(wednesday / friday?)

i dont have service...

... for 11 hours now. ... (cupey)

*sighs*... :evil::evil1::evil3:

I think around 2 weeks ago, it was Bayamon (most areas) that was having the same issue. There was not cable (and offcourse no powerlink) for abt 24 hrs....not its cupey's turn. I dont know what they are doing.

I think around 2 weeks ago, it was Bayamon (most areas) that was having the same issue. There was not cable (and offcourse no powerlink) for abt 24 hrs....not its cupey's turn. I dont know what they are doing.

tripping over cables and pulling plugs.

it could be anything from someone damaging their lines with construction equipment to them rearranging kit in their place, which would also make a shutdown neccessary.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 2245 Kbps about 2.2 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 274 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server2)

Test Time:: Sun Feb 12 2006 16:22:59 GMT-0400 (SA Western Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 40X faster than 56K 1MB download in 3.74 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 2.61 % faster than the average for host (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-N6WC3OZK0

Connection is:: 4012 Kbps about 4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 490 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server2)

Test Time:: Sun Feb 12 2006 16:50:26 GMT-0400 (SA Western Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 72X faster than 56K 1MB download in 2.09 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 83.36 % faster than the average for host (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZFNO1ETGX

Connection is:: 1975 Kbps about 2 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 241 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server1)

Test Time:: Sun Feb 12 16:51:27 UTC-0400 2006

Bottom Line:: 35X faster than 56K 1MB download in 4.25 sec

Diagnosis: 90% + Okay : running at 90.27 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-SNYHIMVKU

see I CAN'T pass the 2mb mark. I think I'm capped or something. FFS Thanks GOD this is my last month!