adelphia in puerto rico

9.15 pm

Your connection is: 1408 Kbps or 1.4 Mbps

You Downloaded at: 172 kB/s

You are running: 25 times faster than 56K and can Download 1 megabyte in 5.95 second(s)

Member Ident: Username:unpainted CompID:6460807704

Test Time:: 2006/03/04 - 6:12pm

Test ID: L8SK5ENIO (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: May need help : running at only 67.08 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

This was tested from a 2992 kB file and took 17.405 seconds to complete

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keep changing ports, but as soon as their equipment knows its limewire you'll go down again.

This process is at Layer 7 witch means that "routers" look inside the packet and identifies what is it.  The only way to fool this is with encryption, and I dont know if limewire supports encryption. And then they can just look at how much bandwidth are you using and decide to throtle you down.

The only way to fix this is convoncong them to stop the blocking the traffic, and the only way is pressuring with support calls or legal action witch I dont know how far it would go.

SpeechChaser:

El "encryption" (encripcion) es una medida para enmascarar la data del P2P o el BitTorrent para que Onelink no te limite la velocidad de lo que bajas al momento de bajarlo. El mejor sistema de descarga (y subida) es: BitTorrent.

Bajate un programa de BitTorrent, como lo es el de Azureus ( http://azureus.sourceforge.net ) y prueba buscando lo que quieras en los diferentes trackers que ofrecen contenido de bittorrent:

http://www.torrentz.com/

http://www.torrentspy.com/

etc.

Ojo: Antes de instalar Azureus sigue las instrucciones de la pagina que te dice que debes tener instalado Java antes de Azureus. Una vez tengas la ultima version del Java instalado en tu computadora, usa Azureus. Y, alli puedes investigar como activar el "encryption" para aumentar un poco las velocidades de descarga.

problems haven't been repaired

prican onelink servers are giving a lot of timeout errors even the techs say the problem will be solved sometime in march

don't expect full info from the techs since they've been recieving training to misinform people about the p2p bittorrent issue just take a look at the posts about they forcing you only to have connection to view pages and write email

you have to ask the people here who have insiders in onelink like drebel who claims to have friends inside

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 380 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 46 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (main)

Test Time:: 2006/03/05 - 6:28pm

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 22.26 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 18.14 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-X3KHO12PD

omfg.

What misinformation?

He told me everything that has been "Retold" by the insiders here... about them blocking ptp/bitorrent, about the router problems. Ect. He said the problems are "done" that they are not blocking gaming bandwidth, and that if you still have problems its a p2p issue.

Mind you i havent downloaded anything i just use my connection (or used to use) for Xbox live and World of Warcraft, but it was shocking to me. My velocities sitll suck.

he did tell me to not trust the testmy net numbers though.. and didnt suggest to me another test site,.

people here at testmy.net is oficial ... powerlink is the best POS right now. No need to tell  S#!t or care to convince anyone here. It's a FACT! ACCEPT IT PUERTO RICO! ONELINK HAVE DISTROLLED POWERLINK!

[glow=red,2,300]ONELINK IS PURE MONKEY POO[/glow]

btw look how POS is.

Your connection is: 843 Kbps or 0.8 Mbps

You Downloaded at: 103 kB/s

You are running: 15 times faster than 56K and can Download 1 megabyte in 9.94 second(s)

Member Ident: Username:Robocop CompID:64612570494

Test Time:: 2006/03/05 - 8:56pm

Test ID: PL9Q1UC0J (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: May need help : running at only 40.3 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

This was tested from a 579 kB file and took 5.625 seconds to complete

Thought I would translate for you.

Gentlemen... this, instead of improving, every day goes worse.  Most of the time my connection (when it works, that is not quite often these days), is equal of slow that a dial-up, with the difference of which mia has but failures and cuts.  This people of Onelinkpr already has left well clear that as clients we did not concern but minimo to them, they have service of attendance laborious (not to say that directly they are rien of us whenever we called), do not have nor idea of which they are engaged in in hand, and really, they have been able to turn what in into the hands of Adelphia it was a reasonably good service, simple and a SWINDLE level, because we are paying by a service that they do not give us.  In Puerto Rico (I have been Spanish, resident aqui for about three years), I have seen that in mayoria of commerce it has exposed a poster that says but or less "To publish deceptive announcements it is a crime"...  then, diganme you if with the circular one which Onelinkpr made us arrive (weeks despues "to take the control") in the hand, where it says that" to everything seguira just as with Adelphia "the unico is not deceptive publicity... that follows equal is the invoice that arrives every month to me, the rest, now is a pure nightmare.  The good news is that looking for alternative I have seen that DMAX has doubled speeds, and now we can have a DSL 2048/512 by the same price that before the one of 1 mega cost, asi that I have left to few days like client of Onelinkpr... this same week, my father-in-law I settle that connection and despues to prove it, right of perpetual ownership that almost skipped the tears when remembering as it were my Powerlink until the last year... passes a whole one late making works that I could not do in house because - to vary -, Powerlink was OFF, and the truth is that DMAX does not seem so bad alternative now.  The connection of my father-in-law is the one of 1 mega, and even asi, comparing it with mia these days, flew.  Of course, as this the market in the island, I prefer to have a DSL of 1 or 2 megas - without castrating -, that work that not a 3 cable of Mb that is completely null and ineffective, and above limits my right to me to use what payment as really me of a my the desire...  Really, and as we say in my pais, in which to my it concerns, Onelinkpr is possible to be gone to take by C...

Your welcome. Here is the translation for creepingdeath

Very certain...  I was DSL client before changing to Cable.  While it worked, it did not have any complaint, but I changed because I had a problem with router and was TWO months calling almost to newspaper and they never solved the problem.  Tech support of PRTC is fatal, and if sometimes you must hope that a technician goes to your house, you are fried.  Still asi, also I am thinking seriously to change it to me, because of which it is worth to have a conecci