adelphia in puerto rico

Problem is that not too many people are using it and in any case encryption wont help for long it can still be blocked pretty easily. Now the real problem is latency, I have already cancelled but a friend of mine still has it and I was at his house yesterday and man his internet was unusable, horrendous packet losses.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can't be blocked very easily, at least, not by any method that won't completely destroy all non-HTTP traffic. The traffic itself can't be fingerprinted.

Onelink's stupid, but I don't think they're that stupid.

Anyway, there's plenty of clients supporting it. People don't have to turn it on for it to work for us, which is the beauty of it. I have no problems connecting almost exclusively to clients with PE support.

I came back to PL.  why?

Simple, i got the offer of $35 for 3 months  vs 60 of dmax? PL for me.

i already checked on my friend place how was PL at night, and it was a little bad but

for that price i would get along, just cant live up with dialup

even if PL was $56 i would go with PL because i can cancel it when i want, if i go with DMAX and PL gets fixed, ill be all soo owned, cause u cant cancel dmax that easy(*1 year contract*)

and hell $85 is too much, its even a ripoff.  i would have stick to dialup.

soo i got 3 months to decide what to do. =D

I came back to PL.  why?

Simple, i got the offer of $35 for 3 months  vs 60 of dmax? PL for me.

i already checked on my friend place how was PL at night, and it was a little bad but

for that price i would get along, just cant live up with dialup

even if PL was $56 i would go with PL because i can cancel it when i want, if i go with DMAX and PL gets fixed, ill be all soo owned, cause u cant cancel dmax that easy(*1 year contract*)

and hell $85 is too much, its even a ripoff. i would have stick to dialup.

soo i got 3 months to decide what to do. =D

you say $85 for 2mbps is a ripoff, yeah it is, they charge in the US 18.95 for the same service. But look at the 1st speed test of the poster above you...$35 for dialup...wow and you say $85 for 2mbps is a ripoff...and I didnt even mention blocked ports, and unreliable speeds.

So yeah, I'm going with dmax...I rather be ripped off by a service which allows me to do whatever I want without blocked ports, and although speeds arent reliable with any ISP...anything is more stable than craplink...

appart from the typo on their page(lol)...corporate Puerto Rico,...*sighs* the prices are quite..high..but fair services have still not arrived here...

BTW 1 simple question:

Why that "all are fixed" and they have blocked all p2p (meaning we need to see a constant 4Mbps connections) is the results of all my friends (remaining with craplink) with this type of slow speeds? : 0.4Mbps, 0.6Mbps, 0.9Mbps (not in order) <- done in 30 minutes lapse in Saturday, March 11, 2006 @ 3pm to 3:30pm

WHY WE ARE EXPERIMENTING SO SLOW CONNECTIONS ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Even with the "problems" of Adelphia before they got puff. The connection speed NEVER was so SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEOME PLEASE! Answer my question with a true answer and I will paypal you with $10!!

I was starting to think. They are keeping the bandwidth slow so, they can pay the bill and keep a lot of millions in their pockets .... those [censored] THIEFS!!!

spanish (parecido):

Porque si con todo y que blokiaron los puertos P2P y arreglaron todo seguimos teniendo (es mas estamos peor!) que cuando estabamos con Adelphia? Porque no es razonable si ahora "tenemos el paso libre" las velocidades sean PEOR que como estaba cuando no habia NADA "arreglado" y NINGUN blokeo. Alquien que viva en este planeta me podria explicar? Porque para mi no TIENE NADA de sentido esto!

Yo pienso que ellos estan ahorrandose el $ de bandwidth y pusieron la internet lenta a proposito. Malditos ladrones!

Wow I was looking for the Dmax package and they are outrageous I guess I wouldn't move back to PR specially with those price

"upstream/downstream  Precio regular

DMAX ONE                   256/128 Kbps   $24.95

DMAX EXPERIENCE     512/256 Kbps     $39.95

DMAX GENERATION   1024/512 Kbps     $59.95

DMAX EXTREME            2048/512 Kbps       $84.95

I was playing CSS in a friends uber pc. He still have craplink. .... OMG ... just OMG! THE LAG!!!!!  :angry5: :angry5:^ infinito

Chokes of 10 - 20 - even 50+ !!!!!!! (never constant)

Pings from 99 to 334!!!!! (never constant)

I couldn't play! It was LAG FEST 2k6 ... thanks to the uber crap cable company named Onelink and their MDA service.

I saw her log from the past 3 days and NEVER passed from 2.4Mbps!! (Current is in 0.6Mbps) I needed to close the game restart pc and see if I was playing the correct game or a CSS.ppt presentation!!!!

They will never give us a good service? Even 1 day in our life? Is that much to ask?

The end of he world is near! We are going back in time with the current broadband services in PR!!! PLEASE BB GOD SAVE US!!!  :haha:

I was playing CSS in a friends uber pc. He still have craplink. .... OMG ... just OMG! THE LAG!!!!!  :angry5: :angry5:^ infinito

Chokes of 10 - 20 - even 50+ !!!!!!! (never constant)

Pings from 99 to 334!!!!! (never constant)

I couldn't play! It was LAG FEST 2k6 ... thanks to the uber crap cable company named Onelink and their MDA service.

I saw her log from the past 3 days and NEVER passed from 2.4Mbps!! (Current is in 0.6Mbps) I needed to close the game restart pc and see if I was playing the correct game or a CSS.ppt presentation!!!!

They will never give us a good service? Even 1 day in our life? Is that much to ask?

The end of he world is near! We are going back in time with the current broadband services in PR!!! PLEASE BB GOD SAVE US!!!  :haha:

Man just stop complaining. Do you feel good doing that? Do you have onelink? NO? So shut the f**k up. YEs? Cancel your service damnit.