Jeremy's DW7000 Status Keeper Program (Free Download)

FromPlanetBob

I've gotten tired of having to always wonder if my DW7000 is down which it has been almost every day since I got it one time or another.  So I threw together a little utility to monitor the DW7000.  It just parses the DW7000 status page and pulls out the RX,TX codes, Signal Strength and TCP Status and "OK" green button at the top.

It logs signal strength changes, Down times and normal system status.  The logs can easily be imported into excel or a database for analysis.  By default the page is checked every 20 seconds using the IP address: 192.168.0.1 you can change these by modifing the INI file for the software.  The software will show a green or red ball in your system try, click on it for the status page

I've included the source code for the software, it's in VB.NET 2003 - feel free to modify it or use it for what every you need.

Anyways, here's the page you can download it from http://www.GiveMeSatelliteRadio.com/DW7000/

Here's the screen shot of the software

screenshot.jpg

And the Menu and System Tray

icon.jpg

Menu.jpg

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] or use the contact form on that page!

Enjoy!

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now I am not a programmer at all, but here is a thought for an improvement...

How about a menu item on right click on task bar (where show status, help, etc. is) the sends the telnet reset command like the reset6000 program that is on this forum and some others???

I reset a lot, and lately have been going to the "system control center" to do it. This would make that a couple steps easier!!

Cool utility. I like it for the sig strength on rainy days.

Now I am not a programmer at all, but here is a thought for an improvement...

How about a menu item on right click on task bar (where show status, help, etc. is) the sends the telnet reset command like the reset6000 program that is on this forum and some others???

I reset a lot, and lately have been going to the "system control center" to do it. This would make that a couple steps easier!!

Cool utility. I like it for the sig strength on rainy days.

You should also reset your modem by power-cycling. The reset tool in the system control center is "soft", power-cycling does a better job in the long run.